One aspect of the social web that I love is the equal playing field it provides companies both small and large, as well as the fact that it’s still the Wild West. As long as we can keep regulators and government hands’ off of it, I’m sure it will continue to flourish. That said, I’m always miffed when I observe a blog post, an infographic, or a webinar about some rule of social media. There are no rules… and those who stretch their creativity beyond the norms are often the people and businesses rewarded the most!
Social media is not only a great platform for social interactions: it’s ideal for digital marketing, and there’s a plethora of social media statistics floating around the Internet. Thanks to Fast Company, I have combined a list of ten essential facts you should keep in mind when using social media to market your business. And what better way to present them than in an infographic?
10 Significant Things You Likely Didn’t Know About Social Media – But Should
- Advocacy – Your biggest advocates have the fewest followers.
- Communication – Twitter has 6 distinct communication networks.
- Content – Marketers say written content trumps visuals.
- Response – You have less than an hour to respond on Twitter.
- Amplification – Late night is the best time for Retweets.
- Engagement – Fridays are Facebook’s best day for engagement.
- Images – Photos drive engagement on Facebook pages.
- Traffic – Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter drive the most traffic.
- Interaction – Fan size impacts interactions and engagement.
- Categories – Different topics are popular on different days on Pinterest.