Some folks scratch their head when I'm late for a meeting or why I decline their meetings. They think it's rude that I might show up late… or not show up at all. What they never recognize is that I'm never late for a worthy meeting. I think it's rude that they held the meeting or invited me in the first place.
- Worthy meetings are called when needed.
- Worthy meetings are not scheduled out for the next 3 years…it's ridiculous to call meetings that have no goal and interrupt productivity.
- Worthy meetings gather the right minds to work as a team to solve a problem or implement a solution.
- Worthy meetings are not the place to attack or try to embarrass other members.
- Worthy meetings are a place of respect, inclusion, teamwork and support.
- Worthy meetings begin with a set of goals to complete and finish with an action plan of who, what and when.
- Worthy meetings have members that keep the topic on track and on time so that the collective time of all members is not put to waste.
- Worthy meetings should have designated location that is well-known ahead of time by all members.
- Worthy meetings are not the place to cover your butt (that's email).
- Worthy meetings are not the place to try to get an audience (that's a conference).
There are exceptions. Like this worthy meeting… oh… and the ones with M&Ms.