The folks at Brightcove already did a great infographic on Content Marketing. Now they’ve joined forces with the folks at Content Marketing Institute and MarketingProfs to provide this insight into B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets and Trends.
This research is incredibly important so that savvy marketers can benchmark their content marketing strategy, processes, and budgets against their peer group. Joe Pulizzi, founder of the Content Marketing Institute and author of Epic Content Marketing.
Other key findings from the report:
- 70% of B2B marketers are creating more content than they did one year ago, even those who say they are least effective (58% of them say they are creating more content) and those without any type of strategy (56% of them say so).
- Measurement is a key area where B2B marketers are struggling: Only 21% say they are successful at tracking ROI; however, having a documented strategy helps (35% of those with a strategy say they are successful).
Once again, infographics was the tactic that had the greatest increase in usage (from 51% last year to 62% this year).
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to distribute content, making it the social media platform used most often (they also say it’s the most effective social media platform).
- 58% of B2B marketers use search engine marketing, making it the paid method used most often to promote/distribute content (they also say it’s the most effective paid method).
- More B2B marketers say they are challenged with finding trained content marketing professionals this year (32%) than last year (10%).