Aside from responsive email templates, the technology behind email hasn’t changed much over the last decade. However, as one of the strongest returns on marketing investment, marketers are seeing a greater return when they’re fully leveraging technology in step with the messaging that they’re distributing.
Here are 14 Advancements in Technology That are Impacting Email Marketing
- Real-time personalization based on cross-channel data.
- Big data sources will feed predictive and contextual content in email.
- Cohesive messaging strategies between email and social marketing.
- Hashtag Usage in email subject lines are on the rise.
- Improved HTML interactivity with clients will impact the way we design and send emails.
- Marketing automation will continue to see increased return on investment.
- Smarter Calls-To-Action in subject lines will generate greater open rates.
- Repurposing Content and content curation will add value to your subscribers.
- Micro-targeting with segmentation and personalization based on other web activity.
- Preference Centers will provide greater flexibility to subscribers to reduce churn.
- Smart Email clients will continue to advance based on priority and reading habits.
- Email marketing will expand beyond conversions at the bottom of the funnel and will be seen making an impression at the top of the funnel.
- Security concerns will continue to advance email verification with methods like DMARC.
- Wearables will allow reading of emails requiring more responsive design patterns.