People are driven by images and videos, and it's about time infographics got the respect they deserved. They're more than just a pretty image; they have what it takes to go viral as well as improve brand awareness, social signals, and media buzz. Infographics pack a lot of punch into an image and can be used to illustrate a point and cleanly tie facts together. What really boosts their value is the fact that they are easily shared on social media sites, giving them the potential to go viral.
Any business can benefit from the use of infographics, but only if they're done correctly. Just like high-quality content, infographics also need to be of the best quality and useful to viewers.If you’re on the fence about kickstarting an infographic campaign, here are the top 5 benefits of doing so.
- Better Communication – Everyone has different styles of communication, and quite a few people (especially Millenials) are image-driven. Better communication is achieved with infographics because the information is put into digestible, easy-to-understand images instead of a blog or article. This appeals to people who are visual learners, giving infographics much broader appeal and consumability.
- Improved Website traffic – As your infographic is published and begins to make its way through the promotional cycle, it'll attract attention by other publishers. When other publishers reference it, you’ll see referral traffic from these publishers. Infographics also carry SEO benefits which help to increase traffic, which are discussed below.
- Improved Search Engine Rankings – Infographics improve search engine rankings primarily by attracting inbound links. When a great infographic is published, it’ll attract links as it get shared across social media platforms and embedded within other publishers' articles. In turn, as those articles are published, they’ll attract reader comments and social media shares, resulting in social signals which greatly impact search engine rankings.
- Extended Audience Reach – As your infographic is republished and referenced in the days, weeks, and months following its publication, you’ll attract attention from new audiences containing your target market. This will not only help drive targeted traffic to your website, resulting in a higher conversion rate, but also help stock your social media channels with active potential future clients.
- Improved Brand Awareness & Loyalty – As your infographic is republished, your brand will become associated with a wider reach of publishers, building brand trust not only with your potential clients, but also with search engines (further improving your search engine rankings and website traffic). Media buzz generated by your infographic will cement this effect as well. As existing customers and clients see your infographic published on credible, authoritative sites they trust, you’ll earn their loyalty and trust.
Infographics are a powerful tool in your internet marketing arsenal. Be sure to focus on producing only high-quality infographics so as not to dilute your brand, and you have a killer marketing tactic.