If you upload a video to Youtube and Youtube gets a million hits off of it… you just put money in their pocket! Why would you do that?
- Youtube – you hereby grant Youtube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the Youtube Website and Youtube's (and its successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Youtube Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
- Google – you are directing and authorizing Google to, and granting Google a royalty-free, non-exclusive right and license to, host, cache, route, transmit, store, copy, modify, distribute, perform, display, reformat, excerpt, facilitate the sale or rental of copies of, analyze, and create algorithms based on the Authorized Content in order to (i) host the Authorized Content on Google's servers, (ii) index the Authorized Content; (iii) display, perform and distribute the Authorized Content
- MySpace – By displaying or publishing (“posting”) any Content on or through the MySpace Services, you hereby grant to MySpace.com a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the MySpace Services.
- FLURL – You hereby grant to Service a non-exclusive license to publish, market, sell, license, exploit, and use in any way, all materials provided to Service, the Web Site, and/or used in any manner with the Service, including but limited to music, photographs, literary material, art, names, titles and logos, trademarks, and other intellectual property. You will not be compensated for uploads or other material provided to the Service.
- DropShots – DropShots is, unless otherwise stated, the owner of all copyright and database rights in the Service and its contents. You may not publish, distribute, extract, re-utilize or reproduce any such content in any material form (including photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means) other than in accordance with the limited use license set out in our copyright notice.
Stop giving away your content for free! The great companies promise NEVER to utilize your content beyond the distribution through the website. The great companies WILL provide compensation if they use your content outside of the site. And the great companies will also let you continue to OWN your content – even after you leave their service.