If you're wondering What is Account-Based Marketing?, Doug Bewsher wrote a great article about it for Martech Zone. The strategy is paying off, in fact 92% of B2B marketers consider ABM extremely or very important to their marketing efforts. And 84% of B2B marketers believe ABM provides significant retention and upsell opportunities.
Integrate just released this fantastic infographic on ABM with those statistics on the state of adoption as well as 8 Steps to a Successful Account-Based Marketing Strategy:
- Plan and Set Account-Based Marketing Goals
- Assign and Align internal Sales and Marketing Roles
- Define your Target Accounts
- Develop Personas around each of those accounts (you can order Personas directly from our site)
- Map Your Universe of Accounts and Contacts
- Create Unforgettable, Valuable and Shareable Content
- Select the Right Engagement Tactics
- Analyze the Data That Matters
Per the infographic, companies are 67% better at closing deals when sales and marketing teams are in sync with ABM and companies using ABM generated 208% more revenue for their marketing efforts!