Addvocate: Identify, Amplify, Measure, Optimize, Govern
Companies don’t take advantage of the powerful force they have internally when it comes to social media. We watch all the time as companies employ 1 or 2 social media folks to manage a corporate social media presence. They work hard, they distribute great content, but they’re in their own bubble when it comes to promoting their content. If you want to really compete, why aren’t you leveraging your employees to help you promote your presence online?
Addvocate allows companies to monitor and improve their brand’s social presence by making it easy for employees to share interesting content and easy for marketers to track their participation and reach.
The application is nice and simple. Your employees connect their social networks, add a browser plugin, and login. On the left sidebar, you write what you want shared, add a private note for your employees, and click promote! Now each of your employees will see the content to promote in their screen:
How Addvocate works?
- Identify – Employees opt into the Addvocate system and set up a profile, showing you exactly who represents your brand on social. All profiles can be organized by group, searchable by name, Twitter handle, department or even skill set to get a comprehensive-and customized-look at your network. This makes it incredibly easy to track who’s active, how many people they’re engaging, and how each person ranks within your organization.
- Amplify – When an employee finds something interesting online, they simply click the Addvocate extension in their browser toolbar to suggest the post to coworkers, adding a brief description of what the content is and why it’s relevant. As employees browse their streams, they can choose what they want to share with their networks, comment on posts, and continue the conversation by suggesting other relevant content.
- Moderate (Enterprise Edition Only) – Once an employee suggests a post, it goes into the moderation queue, where your moderators review and approve to ensure only appropriate content is shared. Moderators can also schedule when posts enter the stream, and recommend content to specific individuals, groups, or departments to encourage effective sharing.
- Measure – Addvocate’s analytics let you track everything, including short URLs and campaign codes, to gauge your true social reach. You can find out exactly what people are saying, how their networks are responding, and who your company’s social media superstars are.
- Optimize – Continually expand your reach by using Addvocate’s analytics to improve and refine your messaging. Create tailored content to capitalize on popular topics, track the most active days of the week, and funnel content to your most influential employees.
- Govern (Enterprise Edition Only) – In the Addvocate system, users invited and allowed access to branded accounts. Once they leave the organization, these issued credentials immediately expire, allowing access protocol to be a much simpler process.
Thanks for sharing Doug! It was an awesome read! Thanks for giving a heads up!