Email marketing is the easiest and most cost effective means of reaching out to your target audience and keeping them engaged. It can be the revenue driving tool for your business that you’ve been looking for!
With the right email marketing strategy in place, you can achieve a greater access to your existing and potential customers and put your message out in front of a larger audience.
One great advantage of email marketing over social media marketing is that it allows you to communicate with your customers on a more personal level as you can customize emails for every type of customer.
Emails tailored to cater the needs of each customer segment, help you resonate with your readers and provide them something valuable.
Email newsletters or E-newsletters form an integral part of a constructive email marketing campaign strategy. They help you keep in touch with your customers and keep them aware of your business activities.
Not only does this channel enable you to publicize important information, but also helps you build a reputation, strengthen bonds and increase sales.
There is no particular rule for deciding whether to keep the frequency of your E-newsletter as weekly, monthly, quarterly or yearly. You should just keep the purpose in mind- providing content that ensures your subscribers staying connected, engaged and informed of your products, services, achievements and activities.
Why Email Newsletters are Useful
An email newsletter can help your business grow in the following ways.
- Driving Traffic to Your Website – It helps you enhance your company’s search engine presence and directs traffic back to your website. With improved search engine optimization, your website becomes more visible to potential buyers.
- Filtering the Opt Outs – A good email newsletter provides readers the option of opting out from receiving the letters, which means you get to know who your viable sales leads are so you can focus on them more.
- You Stay in the Minds of Your Customers – Regular email newsletters serve as continuous reminders for your customers and help your products and services stay in the frontline of your customer’s mind.
- Excellent Means of Promoting New Products and Services – Email newsletters give you a chance to update your customers regarding any newly launched products or services.
- Powerful Tools for Conversion – You can provide special offers and discounts on your products and services for newsletters subscribers. This will encourage them to buy from you and also increase your newsletter subscription.
Anatomy of a Stellar Email Newsletter
- Keeping it Mobile Friendly – Considering how most people check their e-mails on smartphones, it’s a no-brainer that you should design your email newsletter keeping a mobile responsive template in mind. A single column layout is a must to ensure mobile compatibility.
- Sender Name and Email Address – Using you company’s name in the email address and as the sender’s name is the safest option. This is important as unfamiliar names are likely to be reported as spam.
- Email Subject Line – It all comes down to this one line! The right subject line is what it takes for you to have your E-newsletter opened or go unnoticed. They should be crisp (25-30 characters are displayed on most mobile applications) and engaging. A great way to create attention grabbing subject lines is through personalization. If the subject line contains the name of your recipient, he’s more likely to open it.
- Pre-Header and Preview Panes – The pre-header or snippet text is usually automatically pulled from the beginning of your email however, now it’s possible get it customized. It’s a good space for you to display any special offers or discounts. Similarly, you can also customize the content that is displayed on the preview pane. This is useful when the email is being opened on a larger device.
- Compelling Headline – Create catchy and relatable headlines keeping your target customers in mind. In the same way, all sub-headings should be devised with the objective of grabbing your reader’s attention and holding their interest as they go through the letter.
- A Consistent Design – Your readers should be able to recognize your brand through the template, colors and logo on the newsletter. Frequently changing your design is bad for brand identification.
- Content is King! – If you want your readers to keep their subscriptions on, you need to provide them with excellent content. An interesting read will not only be enjoyed by the subscribers themselves but they would also want to share it with others. Make your content minimalistic, informative and easily readable. Include current market statistics and overall industry landscape to engage your readers.
- A Crisp Layout – No matter how good your content is, a poor layout and presentation will make you lose your reader’s attention and keep you from creating the right impact. Information should not be cluttered all over the newsletter and properly segmented into sections or bullet points. Point is to keep it concise and scannable for your subscriber.
- CTAs and Useful Links – Make sure your headers, company logos and any images are linked to the company’s website. You can also include “Read more…” links that direct readers back to your website for any articles, new products, services or offers. As discussed previously, newsletters are a perfect platform to motivate your customers to take an action. All calls-to-action included in the content should stand out and be clear for your readers.
- The Footer – It should contain complete contact information of your company along with all your social media and web links. The unsubscribe link also goes into the footer of your newsletter.
Designing an effective, high converting email newsletter is crucial to your email marketing strategy.
The InboxGroup is your all-in-one email marketing campaign solution that provides expertise in building winning emails and email newsletters for your business.