Whenever I explain advertising and marketing to folks, I always use the analogy of fishing. We even developed an infographic for our sponsors, Right On Interactive, that illustrates lifecycle marketing with respect to fishing.
My analogy is that advertising is the event, but marketing is the planning. If you want to fish, you can throw a worm on a string anywhere… but marketing is when you track the weather, the lure, the location, the depth, and every other element to try and find the biggest fish!
Bizo developed this video to describe how their B2B advertising platform helps marketers fish for the best and biggest leads:
Bizo is how B2B marketers identify and reach their target audiences online. Fueled by Bizo’s audience of more than 120 million professionals around the world, including more than 85% of the U.S. business population, the Bizo Marketing Platform can precisely target business people by specific business demographic criteria.
- Audience Analytics – Reports covering which audience segments are visiting your site, how these visits trend over time, and how your traffic compares to other sites on the Bizo network. Ability to segment site visitors for highly targeted marketing.
- Social Marketing – Ability to shorten links and share/schedule tweets directly from browser; tag tweets by topic, content type, and more for deeper analysis; deliver offers and drive leads while sharing 3rd-party content. Track conversions from shared links down to the tweet level.
- B2B Display Ad Targeting – Targeted display advertising fueled by Bizo’s proprietary business demographic data and/or targeted display advertising based on a defined list of company names.
- Social Media Advertising – Extended reach into LinkedIn network; conversion tracking at ad level; detailed reporting/analytics and targeted display advertising on Facebook fueled by Bizo’s proprietary business demographic data.
- Ad Retargeting – Target previous website visitors with display ads, socially target people who click on your shared links with display advertising, or by CRM by supplying Bizo with encrypted email addresses from your CRM database.
Bizo’s customers use the platform’s data management and targeting capabilities to reach audiences anywhere they travel online and engage those that come to their websites, landing pages, and social channels. Bizo has earned the confidence of more than 600 SMB marketers and large global brands including AMEX, Mercedes Benz, Monster, Salesforce.com, Porsche, Microsoft, AT&T, and UPS who use Bizo to impact every stage of their sales and marketing funnels.