There are often times that we wonder, as marketers, how our ad spend is doing in compared to other advertisers in our industry or across a specific channel. Benchmark systems are designed for this reason – and Sellics has released a free benchmark report for your Amazon Advertising Account to compare your performance to others.
Amazon advertising offers ways for marketers to improve visibility to customers to discover, browse, and shop for products and brands. Amazon’s digital ads can be any combination of text, image, or video, and appear everywhere from websites to social media and streaming content.
Amazon advertising offers plentiful options for advertising, including:
- Sponsored Brands – cost-per-click (CPC) ads that feature your brand logo, a custom headline, and multiple products. These ads appear in relevant shopping results and help drive the discovery of your brand among customers shopping for products like yours.
- Sponsored Products – cost-per-click (CPC) ads that promote individual product listings on Amazon. Sponsored products help to improve the visibility of individual products with ads that appear in search results and on product pages
- Sponsored Display – a self-service display advertising solution that helps you grow your business and brand on Amazon by engaging shoppers across the purchase journey, on and off Amazon.
Amazon Ad Benchmarks
You can gain invaluable insights by benchmarking your Amazon advertising performance with others in your industry. The Sellics Benchmarker analyzes your performance in Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, and Sponsored Display and shows you exactly where you are doing great and where you can improve.
Key benchmark reportings metrics that are compared are:
- Sponsored Ad Formats: Do you use all the right formats Amazon has to offer? Each one has its unique strategies and opportunities. Analyze Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands & Sponsored Display
- Detailed Score: Understand if you belong to the top 20% – or the bottom
- Compare Advertising cost of sales (ACOS): What’s the percentage of direct sales you made from sponsored ad campaigns in comparison to the median advertiser? Are you too conservative? Understand profitability dynamics in your category
- Benchmark Your Cost Per Click (CP)C: How much are others paying for the same click? Learn how to find the perfect bid
- Grow Your Click-Through Rate (CTR): Do your ad formats outperform the market? If not, learn how to increase the chances of getting a click
- Improve Amazon Conversion Rate (CVR): How quickly are customers completing specific actions after clicking on an ad. Are your products more bought than others? Learn how to beat the market & convince consumers
The Sellics Benchmarker data is based on an internal Sellics study with a sample representing over $2.5b in aggregated annual Amazon attributed ad revenue. The study is currently based on Q2 2020 data and will be updated regularly. Each marketplace, industry, format cluster includes at minimum 20 unique brands. Averages are technically median figures to account for outliers.
Amazon Advertising Benchmark Report Demo
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate of Sellics.