For a decade, I’ve been personally developing custom and published plugins, correcting and designing custom themes, and optimizing WordPress for clients. It’s been quite a roller coaster and I have very, very strong opinions about the implementations I’ve done for companies large and small.
I’ve also been critical of builders – plugins and themes that enable unrestricted modifications to sites. They’re a cheat, often massively inflating the size of a site’s web pages while slowing down the site significantly. Most of the work that we do when we take on a web development job for clients is removing proprietary and in-line code that not only slows a site down, but also severely inhibits the ability of a company to make changes to their own site.
Welcome Theme Fusions’ Avada
Theme Fusion has honestly built the best theme and plugin combination I’ve ever worked with with their #1 selling theme of all time, Avada. It’s honestly so well designed that I’m implementing it for every single one of my sites and for each of my clients. Each of the building elements allow minimal customization – something you really want to lock down to avoid a client or overzealous editor customizing a site’s branding and introducing problems that require even more work to undo.
They’ve also kept the theme seperate from the plugin, enabling the ability for someone to actually install a new theme – while maintaining the custom build functionality through the set of plugins. The Avada theme is elegant, well-developed, and easy to work on. Join more than 380,000 satisfied customers in purchasing this amazing theme!
Our DK New Media Site is on Avada
Since building the first Avada site, I’ve been using this theme for all of our clients. And, I finally updated our DK New Media site as well. Take a look at how beautiful it is – and it was incredibly easy to build while being fully responsive.
The layouts available through this theme are infinite, with hundreds of elements and capabilities that just make it a dream to implement. I especially love that I can save containers and elements for re-use globally on other pages using the Fusion Builder. It’s the perfect page builder system that produces CSS file-driven layouts within the site rather than inline mega pages.
- Pre-Built Column Combinations – Instead of adding one column at a time, you can easily choose to add full sets of every column size we offer from 1-6 columns.
- Collapse Sections and Containers – Collapse any single container with a click to save screen real estate, or collapse all containers at once in the main control bar area.
- Rename Containers – Simply put your cursor in the container name and give it a name. This allows you to quickly and easily identify sections on your page at a glance.
- Drag and Drop Child Elements – Elements like tabs, content boxes, toggles and more that allow more than one element to be made can now easily be reordered via drag and drop.
- Custom Names for Child Elements – The new Fusion Builder interface picks up the main title of the child element you insert and displays it for easy identification.
- Search Function to Easily Find Items and Elements – Each container, column and element window have a search field in the top right to easily search and find what you need with just a single keyword.
It’s a beautiful system. Here’s a rundown of key Avada features:
Disclosure: I am a proud affiliate for Themeforest where the Avada theme is sold.