If there’s one company online that gets to monitor and measure conversion rates across any variable, it’s the folks at Formstack! We’ve been friends, fans, and affiliates of the team for years, and it doesn’t hurt that they’re right here in Indianapolis!
This newest data and infographic from Formstack points to 5 issues that may be severely hurting your conversion rates:
- Social Media Registration – perform way better than blank registration forms. In fact, 87% of users won’t sign up for an account if it starts with a registration process. However, 77% of users will use a social media login to kickstart registrations Tweet This!
- Flat Calls-to-Action – while short button phrases with one to two words drive more conversions, adding a specific word can increase conversion rates 320% Tweet This! As an example, add Now! after your Submit text.
- Email Marketing – is essential to nurture the lead that may not be ready to convert today. In fact, 68% of marketers report email marketing has a good or excellent return on investment Tweet This! So, aside from offering the conversion, ask the buyer who isn’t ready to sign up for your newsletter to keep you top of mind for when they are ready!
- Slow Load Times – don’t just hurt you with search rankings, they also kill conversions. A two-second increase in load time can reduce user satisfaction by 3.8%, increase lost revenue per user by 4.3%, and reduce clicks by 4.3% Tweet This!
- Product Ratings and Reviews – trust of an unknown company is a huge impediment online, but ratings and reviews can help significantly. Over 70% of Americans say they look at product reviews before making a purchase and nearly 63% of consumers are more likely to purchase from a site that has them Tweet This!
Here’s the full infographic, A Marketer’s Guide to Combating Conversion Killers, from Formstack.