As we continue to coordinate complex multi-channel campaigns for some of our clients, it’s imperative that we understand when and why the phone is ringing. You can add events on hyperlinked phone numbers to monitor click-to-call statistics, but often times that’s not a possibility.
The most accurate means is to dynamically generate a phone number for each source that’s within the same area codes. This way every single incoming phone call can be tracked accurately back to the campaign source or medium that you created it for. Additionally, you can also have the call generate a “visit” to Google Analytics to a virtual path that you can incorporate into conversion tracking.
This all requires that you have a service like PhoneWagon, a service built specifically for marketing agencies to manage their clients call tracking.
Features of PhoneWagon Include:
- Phone Numbers – Setup local, toll-free and international numbers in less than 30 seconds. For local phone numbers, simply search by area code and choose your local phone number. Or choose from toll-free or international phone numbers (numbers available for most countries).
- Dynamic Numbers – Dynamically swap phone numbers on your website depending on traffic source. PhoneWagon quickly integrates call tracking into your website by using a unique phone number for each source, such as Google AdWords, organic search, Yelp, Facebook, or any other website. We then get rich, session-level and even keyword-level data about your visitors who call from your website and feed that data into your analytics platform.
- Call Tracking – Get powerful insights into which marketing campaign, source, or keywords are generating phone calls. Assign unique phone numbers to track which online or offline marketing campaigns are driving phone calls. PhoneWagon enables you to turn on call recording, call forwarding, whisper and greeting messages and so much more. Use these insights to gain knowledge and optimize your marketing campaigns.
- Call Tracking Reporting – Powerful, easy-to-use reporting. Our beautiful reporting dashboard lets you visualize your phone calls and see which marketing campaigns are working best. View and analyze call data by source, page, keyword, duration, and more.
- Integrations – Integrate your phone call analytics with your favorite platforms for deeper insights. We are committed to helping marketers close the loop with phone call data and that includes pushing the call analytics into other platforms. We have native integrations into Google Adwords to track calls by campaign, ad group, and keyword. We also integrate directly into Google Analytics, HubSpot, and many others.
Disclosure: We like PhoneWagon so much that we’re now an Ambassador for them!
Consider why machine learning and predictive analytics can provide top- and- bottom- line value to organizations like yours with the right tools, training, and processes for a range of objectives and use cases.