Whether you’re looking to create interactive software demos, training videos, or tutorials, utilizing desktop software is almost a must. Editing, publishing, and converting video files requires plenty of hardware and memory… so online platforms aren’t typically an option. Some video editing mobile applications are pretty good, but they lack the desktop real estate that your large monitor has to comfortably make edits and work across multiple layers of audio and video.
Camtasia Screen Recording and Editing Software
Camtasia has been around for years and is truly the standard when it comes to producing professional video tutorials, how-to videos, software demonstrations, video lessons, training videos, instructional videos, explainer videos, recorded presentations, and more. Online video editors can do some simple edits, and professional video editing suites can have a huge learning curve.
Camtasia is the perfect product in between – built specifically for the recording and production of business videos. Here’s a walk-through of the latest release:
Camtasia Screen Recording and Editing Features
- Templates and Themes – use Camtasia’s new video templates to create the video you need. Or, stay on the brand by creating your own themes to keep a consistent, corporate look and feel in your videos.
- Camtasia Packages – Share templates, libraries, themes, shortcuts, favorites, and presets in a single file.
- Favorites and Presets – Instantly access your most used tools and effects. Save custom styles and configurations for frequent use.
- Screen Recording Options – Camtasia records exactly what you want – the entire screen, specific dimensions, a region, a window, or an application.
- Media Import – Import video, audio, or image files from your computer, mobile device, or the cloud and drop them right into your recording.
- Video Transitions – Choose from over 100 transitions to use between scenes and slides to improve the flow of your videos.
- Video Annotations – Use callouts, arrows, shapes, lower thirds, and sketch motion to highlight important points in your video.
- Cursor Effects – Highlight, magnify, spotlight, or smooth the motion of your cursor to create a professional and polished look to any video.
- PowerPoint Integration – Turn your presentation into a video. Record with the PowerPoint Add-In or import slides directly into Camtasia.
- Web Camera Capture – Add a personal touch to your videos by adding crisp video and audio straight from your webcam.
- Audio and Music – Choose from a library of royalty-free music and sound effects to insert into your recordings. Or, record and edit your audio clips using a microphone, the sound from your computer, or import clips to get the perfect audio for your video.
- Audio Effects – Reduce background noise, even out audio levels, add audio points, adjust pitch and gain, and much more to ensure high-quality audio in your videos.
- Interactivity and Quizzing – Add quizzes and interactivity to encourage and measure learning in your videos.
- Simplified Editing – Camtasia’s simple drag-and-drop editor makes adding, removing, trimming, or moving sections of video or audio a breeze.
- Pre-Built Assets – Customize any of the royalty-free assets in the Camtasia library and add them to your video for a professional polish.
- iOS Capture – Connect your iOS device directly to your Mac, or Use the TechSmith Capture app for PC to record directly from the screen, then add gesture effects to simulate taps, swipes, and pinches in your video.
- Closed Captions – Add captions directly to your recordings to ensure your videos are understood by all.
- Green Screen – Replace backgrounds and insert footage videos quickly and easily to add an extra wow factor to your videos.
- Device Frames – Apply device frames to your videos to make them appear as though they are playing on a desktop, laptop, or mobile device screen.
- Video Table of Contents – Add an interactive table of contents to your video to create navigation points for your viewers.
- Media Export and Publishing – Instantly upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, Screencast, or your online video course.
A trial or purchase comes with free webinars with access to Camtasia experts and a large library of video tutorials. One year of Maintenance with phone support is included with every purchase.
Disclosure: Martech Zone is an affiliate for Camtasia and we’re using our affiliate links in this article.