Colleague Chris Theisen pointed Cirrus Insight out on Facebook as a must have if your company is utilizing Google Apps for email and Salesforce as your CRM. After viewing the video and screenshots, I can see why!
Features of the integration between Gmail and Salesforce include:
- View Contextual Salesforce Information in Your Inbox – as you open an email you’ll see a snapshot summary of the sender’s records in Salesforce, including a summary of open and closed Opportunities and Cases.
- Save Emails & Attachments to Salesforce – automatically relate emails to contact and account records using (the Quick Add button). Or use (the Add to Salesforce button) to specify exactly how you want the email to relate in Salesforce, even relating emails to custom fields and objects. You can even save attachments along with your emails including Google Drive Docs. Cirrus Insight will even automatically track and display which emails you’ve logged to Salesforce.
- Sync Your Google & Salesforce Calendars – all of your events are synced between Salesforce and Google, relating events to attendees’ records in Salesforce. Not only do you have a record of your meetings but they are related to the people you’ve invited to them as well.
- Add Leads and Contacts to Salesforce – Cirrus Insight, with RingLead, brings automated email signature contact capture to Gmail. As you create a new lead or contact in Cirrus Insight, the app will automatically scan the email signature and extract contact information to prefill the lead or contact form.
- Sync your Salesforce Contacts with Google Apps – sync contacts from Salesforce to Google Contacts and your mobile devices. Users can specify groups of contacts in Salesforce to sync to Google. Contacts synced from Salesforce will be organized according to the groups you’ve defined and make it easy to select which contacts you want to sync to your mobile device.
- Create & Edit Salesforce Records – create new records in Salesforce as they come into your inbox. Salesforce is always up to date so you don’t have to worry about going back and updating records later. You can also manage Salesforce right from Gmail with inline editing of existing records..
- Create Cases for Salesforce from Gmail – create, edit, manage, escalate, and even close cases right from Gmail.
- Add Google Contacts to Salesforce – identify whether your Google Contacts are in Salesforce and create new Lead and Contact records from your Google Contacts page.
- Salesforce Tasks Integration – create, edit, assign, manage, and complete tasks without leaving your inbox.
- Salesforce Templates Integration with Gmail – access your Salesforce templates, merge fields, edit and send them right from Gmail.
- Custom Buttons Inside Gmail – access and trigger your Salesforce custom buttons without leaving your inbox. Generate proposals and documents and trigger workflow rules from Gmail!
- Free Conference Calling from Gmail – Cirrus Insight, with UberConference, brings visual and free conference calling from Gmail. Start a conference call and Cirrus Insight will add all of the information to log the call. All you have to do is hit save!