The last few years, I’ve really backed off of the speaking circuit. I used to try to speak at ever major marketing conference in the country. It was exhausting… not just wrestling with travel, but dealing with expensive hotels, monster conference halls, and overpriced everything.
About Sioux Falls
Then the incredible folks at KeyMedia Solutions asked that I come out to Rapid City to speak. They told me that it was going to be a unique event but I never imagined how amazing it would be. I flew out a few days early, landing in Rapid City airport… with its 6 gates. I walked down, grabbed my bag, walked outside, and we were on the road! The flight out was as simple.
I stayed at the historic (and haunted) Alex Johnson hotel, avoiding the haunted floor – of course. Downtown Rapid City was a short walk from parks, breweries, museums, shops, and every type of restaurant. The hotel even has a rooftop bar with incredible views of the city. Over the few days I spent there, I visited national parks, Mount Rushmore, wineries, a bear and wildlife reserve, the city of Deadwood… and so much more.
Our ambassador was the founder of KeyMedia Solutions, Korena Keys, a wonderful host and successful entrepreneur. It was pretty obvious it was going to be an amazing event with her team in charge! Korena brought in talent from all over the country to develop an inspiring, single track of speakers who had really done their homework. The setting was comfortable – not some massive halls with standing room only.
You can see by the smile on my face how much I enjoyed the back and forth with everyone in attendence. I think this is the first event that I ever spoke at where I asked if I could come back the next year. This year the event is in Sioux Falls! And I’m blessed to be join by a couple of professionals in the industry that I absolutely love and admire:
- Andrea Vahl – perhaps the most talented educator on Facebook and social media marketing I know, Andrea is also an accomplished stand-up comedienne! Her presentation had everyone in stitches and was packed with information.
- Phil Gerbyshak – Phil was a Navy Veteran as well and we’ve had an online friendship that easily spans 15 years. Phil is upbeat and the best sales & marketing speaker I know.
About the Event
This year, the event will be held at the Holiday Inn Sioux Falls City Centre hotel. This stunning hotel is just a few steps from the banks of the Big Sioux River and the unique shops, museums and restaurants that line the streets of downtown.
- What You Will Get – The goal is for all attendees to leave with ONE actionable concept in which they can immediately implement. This concept will come directly from the day’s presenters to keep consumers engaged and keep their brands relevant as the digital landscape changes.
- Who You Will Hear From – A line-up full of hand-picked digital-marketing experts from throughout the US as well as representatives from some of the best digital companies in the country like YouTube, Google and many more.
- What To Expect – This one-day event will include keynotes, educational breakout sessions in small-group settings, endless networking opportunities as well as direct interaction with industry professionals. Oh, and some of the best food and drink the area has to offer.
Be sure to keep an eye on the Concept ONE site for additional information and updates, it’s going to be one amazing event. Purchase one of the first 50 tickets and get $100 off!
Pssst: Come out to the event and wrap a mini-vacation over a long weekend before or after the event. You won’t be sorry, it’s an absolutely stunning region of the country with tons of things to do and see!