I love the fact that our readers stick with us even though we don’t get too wildly creative. Curating and publishing a ton of infographics helps differentiate our publication from others out there – but we’ve not gone too far beyond that. Our podcast interviews series with marketing leaders is one effort, and our MarketingClips® is another.
Most of the reason we stick to concise textual content is purely from an efficiency standpoint. We have a ton of topics to write about and not too many resources. This infographic from Oracle is inspiring me to get a bit more creative, though. The infographic, 12 Awesome Content Marketing Ideas (That Aren’t Blog Posts), provides some great tips for varying your content.
- Quiz – Write your content as a quiz Tweet This!.
- Twitter – Release content in chunks on Twitter Tweet This! (this is why we built the TweetThis WordPress plugin).
- Charts – Differentiate your content with unique charts Tweet This!.
- Case Study – Spotlight a customer and share a case study Tweet This!.
- Comic Strip – Write your content in an easily shareable content strip Tweet This!.
- Text Message – Ask a survey via SMS and share the results Tweet This!.
- Series – Write a multi-part series to keep folks coming back Tweet This!.
- Share – Curate and share content on a social content site like Pinterest Tweet This!.
- Interviews – Use an interview format and share the responses from experts. Tweet This!.
- Unusual – Try different styles, mouseovers, and interactive formats to engage readers Tweet This!.
- Glossary – Write a guide or glossary Tweet This! (and keep it up to date!).
We also love sharing audio, video, previewing reports and white papers, and – of course – infographics. What other content marketing ideas have you experimented that have worked well? Feel free to comment and share!