I love the fact that our readers stick with us even though we don’t get too wildly creative. Curating and publishing a ton of infographics helps differentiate our publication from others out there – but we’ve not gone too far beyond that. Our podcast interviews series with marketing leaders is one effort.
Most of the reason we stick to concise textual content is purely from an efficiency standpoint. We have a ton of topics to write about and not too many resources. This infographic from Oracle is inspiring me to get a bit more creative, though. The infographic, 12 Awesome Content Marketing Ideas (That Aren’t Blog Posts), provides some great tips for varying your content.
- Quiz – Write your content as a quiz.
- Twitter – Release content in chunks on Twitter.
- Charts – Differentiate your content with unique charts.
- Case Study – Spotlight a customer and share a case study.
- Comic Strip – Write your content in an easily shareable content strip.
- Text Message – Ask a survey via SMS and share the results.
- Series – Write a multi-part series to keep folks coming back.
- Share – Curate and share content on a social content site like Pinterest.
- Interviews – Use an interview format and share the responses from experts..
- Unusual – Try different styles, mouseovers, and interactive formats to engage readers.
- Glossary – Write a guide or glossary (and keep it up to date!).
We also love sharing audio, video, previewing reports and white papers, and – of course – infographics. What other content marketing ideas have you experimented that have worked well? Feel free to comment and share!