CrowdTwist offers a white label platform, advanced analytics and complete suite of management and reporting tools to integrate, launch, manage, and maximize your brand-building efforts. We recently had a great interview with Irving Fain on Edge of the Web Radio and it gave us insight into a company that’s truly impacting enterprise cross-channel marketing and rewards.
CrowdTwist X Factor Campaign
If you wish to see how a well co-ordinated, national campaign is executed, look no further than CrowdTwist’s X Factor case study. With a viewership in excess of 8.5 million people, Fox’s The X Factor wanted to find new ways of engaging viewers before, during and after the show.
The campaign wanted to drive downloads of the show’s mobile app as well as increase audience generated social activity across their Facebook pages and Twitter hashtags. Finally, Fox wanted to provide additional exposure and premium promotional opportunities for the shows leading sponsors including Pepsi, BestBuy and Verizon.
Fox leveraged the CrowdTwist platform in order to provide their viewers with the ultimate fan rewards program, which they promoted via national advertising in partnership with title sponsor Pepsi. Throughout the season, fans were able to earn points for all the ways they interacted with the show, including:
- Downloading the show’s mobile app
- Visiting the X Factor website
- Watching the Pepsi pre-show
- Voting online or via mobile for which songs they wanted contestants to perform
- Syncing their mobile app with the live show and rating contestants performances via the second screen
- Engaging with the shows Facebook and Twitter pages
- Viewing photo galleries, reading articles, signing-up for and reading show related emails and much more…
Fans were able to redeem their points for a variety of rewards including celebrity Twitter mentions from the show’s judges, limited edition merchandise and various high-demand consumer electronics from the show’s partners. This innovative program provided Fox with unprecedented lifts in viewer engagement, second screen activity, social interactions and mobile downloads, as well as incremental value and exposure for the show’s various sponsors.
CrowdTwist X Factor Results
- Almost 250,000 people signed-up to participate in the show’s loyalty program during the it’s 16 week season.
- More than 75% of members downloaded The XTRA FACTOR mobile App, with 35% of members synching their mobile experience during the live show in order to unlock bonus features and content.
- More than 50% of all members interacted across the show’s various properties on a weekly basis, with members viewing 6x the number of web pages than non-members.
- The platform drove and measured the effectiveness of almost 10 million social media impressions across both Facebook & Twitter.