A recent report from Thunderhead.com redefines customer engagement in the age of digital transformation: Engagement 3.0: A New Model for Customer Engagement provides insight into the whole customer experience picture. Here are some key findings:
83% of customers feel positive about a business that puts to good use the information and data they hold on their customers, for example by highlighting details of products and services as well as offers that will be of benefit.
Three core components of a trusted relations
Businesses must have an understanding of the rules of relationships formed by the agreement between the business and the customer. There are three core components of a trusted relationship that businesses should seek to emulate in their interactions with customers:
- Repeatability – consistently delivering what was promised
- Unselfishness – ensuring there is value generated for the customer
- Longevity – understanding how to retain customers over the long-run.
Providing Value for Knowledge Exchanges is Critical
Relationships should be managed in ways that exchange knowledge, add value and achieve positive outcomes for a more constructive, engaged relationship with their customers. Set and stick to common goals to generate trust and build authentic engagement:
- Deliver what was promised, through taking account of customers’ personal preferences and managing expectations across the customer journey.
- Ensure that there is value generated for customers by providing information and offers at exactly the right time or an ongoing flow of useful customer contact (rather than just trying to sell)
- Retain customers over the long-term by adding value through using information and data to highlight details of services, communications and offers or joining up departments and sharing details of purchase history.
- Understand customers’ willingness to share personal information in order for businesses to offer their customers an enhanced customer experience.
Exchanging personal information should be used to deliver an improved service, more personalized and relevant experiences, consistency of interactions across departments, saving time and enabling correct contact first time round and well targeted products and services.
Download Thunderhead.com’s free Engagement 3.0 report today to discover new thinking into how a focus on building customer engagement across the customer journey will deliver richer, more collaborative relationships with your customers.