Do your customers love you? New survey data from Responsys reveals how brands can maintain long-term relationships with consumers and avoid unnecessary breakups.
Responsys research shows that consumers take the plunge with brands when their messages are part of an orchestrated customer experience that unfolds over time, across channels and according to an individual’s behaviors and preferences. With the right strategies and solutions in place, every customer interaction could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
Key findings of the survey include:
- 73% of consumers want to have a long-term relationship with brands that reward them for being a loyal customer.
- Only 32% say the brands they love only send offers/promotions that they are interested in.
- 34% of U.S. adults say they have broken up with a brand due to poor, disruptive or irrelevant marketing messages sent to them.
- 53% of those who have done so say they broke up with a brand because the brand continuously sent them irrelevant content on multiple channels.
- 33% say the break up resulted from the messages being too generic and appeared to obviously be sent to everyone, not just them.
- 59% of those surveyed say they sometimes choose one competitive brand over another simply because of the offer or marketing received from them.