When marketers discuss e-commerce personalization, they typically talk about one or two features but miss all the opportunities to create a unique and individualized shopping experience for their visitor. Online retailers who have implemented all 4 features – like Disney, Uniqlo, Converse and O’Neill – are seeing the incredible results:
- 70% increase in ecommerce visitor engagement Tweet This!
- 300% increase in revenue per search Tweet This!
- 26% increase in conversion rates Tweet This!
While that sounds amazing, the industry is failing to implement these strategies. Reflektion has released the 2015 RSR Personalization Report, giving leading retailers a grade of F:
- 85% treat return shoppers the same as first time visitors Tweet This!
- 52% do not tailor content according to desktop, tablet or smartphone Tweet This!
- 74% have no memory of past products browsed by users during previous visits Tweet This!
A fully implemented e-commerce personalization strategy has 4 key strategies:
- Interactions – tailored content based on buying history
- Recommendations – recommended, related and relevant product recommendations
- Smart Search – autocompletion in the search bar, historical relevance on searches
- Adaptive Pages – dynamic home pages for new and returning users on both desktop and mobile