When people discuss digital advertising, they often omit traditional broadcast channels like television and radio. But the broadcast company of yesterday is no longer just broadcasting… they’re capturing engagement metrics and usage down to the second. Every interaction you’re making on your remote is being recorded to better optimize programming and target advertising. What was once the advantage of modern streaming services is now being incorporated into traditional television advertising.
A better means of capturing purchase intent is by aligning television commercials with second-screen organic searches. A consumer watches a commercial and then does a search for the item on their mobile device or tablet. One company that’s leading the way aligning these transactions is EDO. Buyers and sellers of TV advertising rely on their data to measure how well their national TV airings drive consumers into their marketing and purchase funnels. They’ve proven time and again that consumer engagement reveals purchase intent. They call the technology Search Engagement.
What is Search Engagement?
Search Engagement occurs when the consumer transforms from a passive recipient of messages to an active participant in the purchasing process by searching online for the advertiser’s offering. By precisely aligning ad airings with search activity, EDO helps advertisers guide consumers effectively through their marketing funnels to the point of transaction.
How TV Ad Engagement Works:
- EDO measures consumer Search Engagement across major brands and products, capturing data granular enough to precisely attribute consumer engagement to specific TV ad airings.
- Drawing on EDO’s set of historical ad airings (TV Ad Database) their data science team develops statistical techniques that unlock meaningful insights for ad buyers and sellers.
- Clients use these insights to measure performance of their creatives, TV media, TV campaigns, and their competitors’ efforts.
- EDO experts work with clients to probe into complex questions to optimize and improve future campaigns by isolating the attributes of TV that are most effective at driving Search Engagement.
EDO aligns television advertising and aligns it with search data 24/7 without the need for pre/post campaign surveys. With EDO, companies can:
- Measure how your TV campaign is performing – Gauge how your campaign is performing compared to past campaigns, and whether it’s gaining enough share of Search Engagement. Measure your ad performance on live events and any integrations you have sponsored.
- Optimize creatives in real-time – Conduct live A/B testing of your creatives on TV with no additional work or preparation. Assess consumer engagement for each approach, then optimize your creative and rotation plan.
- Know where your media is driving brand engagement – Zero in on networks, shows, or dayparts that drive the greatest brand engagement, then overlay cost data to reveal ROI.
- Benchmark against competitors’ campaigns – Understand where others’ campaigns are working so you can compete more effectively. EDO data is fully syndicated and requires no private client information.
- Tap EDO experts for deeper explorations – Their team will help you isolate and analyze the relative value of any attribute of different TV ad airings. Understand the impact of choices you make such as ad format, ad duration, custom segments, or integrations, and placement within a commercial segment.