Okay, okay… I'll take on this one from Steven. Here are 8 things that you probably don't know about me:
- Last year, I did the greatest rendition of Love Song ever at work. It was late, there were 3 of us left in the office and it came on Internet Radio. As I did my grand finale, my CEO walked around the corner – he was taking his brother on a tour of our new building. I know…do-do-do do-do-do… I know….
- Deborah, my one and only sister, was the Britannica Britannia (sp?) Jeans girl in the mid '80s. Having your friends talk non-stop about your sister's butt has a lasting psychological impact. I was and am proud of her even though we rarely talk.
- One of my worst jobs was a Credit Card Telemarketing Agent in High School. I worked 2 weeks and never signed anyone up. I tried it for 2 weeks because my Dad said I should never quit a job right away… you'll always learn something. In this case, I learned my Dad wasn't always right.
- My best friend in High School is still my best friend, 20 years later. Mike doesn't read my blog – but we still talk every couple weeks. He and his wife are incredible.
- This week I may have made the most ridiculous and obnoxious purchases of my blogging career – a 24″ tailgate magnet for my car:
- Two summers ago, you could find me online almost every night playing Rainbow Six on XBox Live.
- My blog now averages well over $500 per month in revenue, the biggest source being Text Link Ads.
- This weekend I will be on NPR to discuss the utilization of online resources for improving your salary negotiation. It was pretty fun interview but I was out of breath because I had to hurry from work to the parking garage to the Radio Station in less than 20 minutes. I'm not sure how it will turn out! I got the interview because I commented on a website somewhere that I had used a Salary.com Personal Salary Report to negotiate my salary and I also own an online Payraise Calculator.
I think I've already passed this type of meme on to others, so I'm not going to forward this one on – but I did want to answer it!