If you haven’t listened to podcasts, I’d absolutely encourage you to. Download Stitcher or use your mobile device or use your desktop’s podcasting platform. iTunes or Google Play will let you search and subscribe to them as well.
Last night, we had a great conversation with a local leader who was training for his first mini-marathon at 58 years young. He said that, in training, one of the best things that he’s ever done was to tune into podcasts. He tried music, but it still didn’t get his focus and attention off of running like podcasting did. He could get lost in thought over the duration of a podcast, enabling to run farther and relax more.
A week ago, we interviewed Chris Spangle – an interview we’ll be publishing soon. Chris is one of the leading podcasters running one of the largest political podcasts in the country. He’s also been the digital manager for one of the nation’s largest radio shows for several years. Chris knows audio, and he understands the magic of podcasting like no one I’ve ever met.
While most people think there’s a hierarchy to media – from text, to audio, to video – it’s actually not like that at all. By only listening and hearing conversations, podcast listeners are able to focus on the conversation much better than any other medium out there. It’s very powerful in its ability to capture attention and shouldn’t be underestimated for businesses.
We believe in podcasting so much that we built out our own state-of-the-art podcast studio in downtown Indianapolis. To get you started, we asked our MarTech Community what their favorite podcasts were to get you started. Or if you’re already listening, to discover some new ones!
- Perpetual Traffic – Facebook Ads & paid media experts Keith Krance, Ralph Burns (Dominate Web Media), and Molly Pittman (DigitalMarketer) share cutting edge Facebook advertising, YouTube Ads, Google Adwords, Twitter & Instagram advertising tips, strategies and case studies on how to grow your business or brand through online advertising.
- More Cheese, Less Whiskers – Listen in each week as Dean Jackson helps business owners and entrepreneurs just like you apply the 8-Profit Activators to their businesses. Yellow pages roulette on steroids!
- Stack & Flow – features key news stories and events in the space, as well as interviews with top practitioners, strategists and influencers helping to shape a vision for the sales and marketing technology stack of tomorrow.
- The Brainfluence Podcast – Roger Dooley shares brain-oriented tactics, along with the expertise of his guests, to increase persuasion with concrete, research-based neuromarketing advice.
- Flip the Switch – A weekly podcast brought to you by the Uberflip team, Flip the Switch features enlightening conversations with the brightest marketing minds. New episodes are released every Tuesday.
- Marketing Companion – The Marketing Companion is always fun, always interesting, and always on-target with insights and ideas that will turn up your marketing intellect to an “11.”
- VB Engage – VB Engage, the brutally honest marketing technology podcast from VentureBeat co-hosted by Stewart Rogers and Travis Wright.
- Social Pros – Listen for real insight on the real people doing real work in social media. You get the inside stories and behind-the-scenes secrets about how companies like Ford, Dell, IBM, ESPN and dozens more staff, operate and measure their social media programs.
- The Heart of Marketing – Get marketing insights for growing your mid-sized business by making true heart connections with your customers.
- Ecommerce Crew – Ecommerce Crew is Mike Jackness and Grant Chen, store owners with two decades of combined experience in successful online businesses.
- The eCommerceFuel Podcast – On the eCommerceFuel podcast we focus on tips, strategies and stories to help six and seven figure store owners take their business to the next level.
- Ecommerce Influence – Ecommerce Influence is a podcast for the ecommerce business owner and online marketing executive. We have candid conversations with masters of ecommerce marketing and branding, and provide training and strategies to that help you convert more of your visitors to paying customers.
- Build My Online Store – An eCommerce marketing specialist that you already trust to help work on your business.
- Tropical MBA – dedicated to the growing movement of location independent entrepreneurs worldwide.
- This Old Marketing – Although most people think content marketing is brand new, telling stories to attract and retain customers is, perhaps, the oldest of marketing disciplines. This Old Marketing is our tribute to that fact.
- Marketing Book Podcast – Weekly interviews with best-selling authors to help you keep up with what’s working in the quickly changing field of modern marketing (and sales).
- Sophisticated Marketers Podcast – LinkedIn’s Jason Miller sits down with some of the brightest lights in marketing to talk about B2B marketing trends, best practices, and see if they have any embarrassing personal stories they’re willing to share.
- Marketing Smarts – This weekly podcast features in-depth interviews with smart marketers from all walks of life. Hosted by MarketingProfs, this 30-minute, weekly podcast delivers actionable insights and real advice to help you market smarter.
- The BeanCast – The definitive weekly conversation on trends that impact your brand. Are you listening?
- Digital Outliers – BMC’s Digital Outliers features conversations with some of our industry’s brightest minds as they examine the many ways digital technology is transforming the modern workplace.
- Digital Marketing Radio – David Bain interviews a niche online marketing expert on their specialist subject – as well as getting their opinion on the state of internet business today.
- Marketing Over Coffee – Marketing Over Coffee is audio on demand that covers both classic and new marketing. Your hosts, John J. Wall and Christopher S. Penn, record the show in a local coffee shop every week and publish the show on Thursday mornings.
- Marketing School – Marketing School brings you 10 minutes of actionable marketing advice every single day.Get the right tips to take your business to the next level.
This list is in no particular order, which I absolutely love. There are some popular marketing podcasts and ones that I had never heard of that I’ll be checking out. With a list like this, I’d just encourage you to experiment and listen to one or two episodes to see if you like the podcast and want more. We also hope you’ll subscribe to our MarTech Interviews podcast!
I’m sure you’ll find a couple of gems that you’ll binge listen to!