If you’ve ever started down the road of developing a platform where you require a text editor that is what-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSISYG), you know how difficult it can be. When I worked at an email service provider, the job to develop and test an editor that worked to render responsive, cross-client email HTML took developers several releases to iterate and correct. It’s not easy.
A text editor is one of those elements that you’d like to embed in a platform that significantly enhances the content captured, but shouldn’t require months or years of development. Froala Editor is a blazing fast rich text editor that’s lightweight, well-structured, secure, and easy for your development team to integrate into all popular frameworks.
Froala Editor Design Features
- Modern Design – a nice modern interface that the users will just love.
- Retina Ready – More detail, better aesthetics and sharper fonts.
- Themes – Use the default or the dark theme, or create your own theme using the LESS theme file.
- Intuitive Interface – Froala rich text editor offers complete functionality through a very intuitive interface that users will find natural to use.
- Popups – new, styled popups for an awesome user experience.
- SVG icons – in-house made SVG icons, scalable vectorial icons that look gorgeous at any size.
- Custom Style – WYSIWYG HTML editor is the only one that has a special customizer tool to change the look and feel the way you want.
- Custom Toolbar – Too many buttons? Perhaps not in the right order? You have full control over the editor’s toolbar functionality on each screen size.
- Custom All The Way – Everything can be customized or custom made: buttons, dropdowns, popups, icons, shortcuts.
- Sticky Toolbar – To ease your editing experience the WYSIWYG editor’s toolbar will remain at the top of the screen while you scroll down.
- Toolbar Offset – The rich text editor’s toolbar does not have to overlap with the header on your webpage, just set an offset for it.
- Toolbar At The Bottom – Easily change the WYSIWYG HTML editor toolbar’s position from top to bottom, while also using the sticky toolbar or an offset.
- Full Screen – Dealing with large amounts of content requires a large editing space. The fullscreen button will expand the editing area to the whole webpage space.
- Full Page – Writing and editing an entire HTML page is also possible. Helpful for emails, but not only, the usage of HTML, HEAD, BODY tags and DOCTYPE declaration is permitted.
- Iframe – The WYSIWYG HTML editor’s content can be isolated from the rest of the page using iframe so there are no style or script conflicts.
Froala Editor Performance Features
- Fast – Six times faster than the blink of an eye, the rich text editor will initialize in less than 40ms.
- Lightweight – With its gzipped core of only 50KB, you can bring in an amazing editing experience to your app without losing loading speed.
- Plugin Based – The modular structure makes the WYSIWYG HTML editor more efficient, easier to understand, extend and maintain.
- Multiple Editors on a Page – One or ten text editors on the same page? You won’t feel a difference, just set them to be initialized on click.
- HTML 5 – Froala Rich Text Editor is built respecting and taking advantage of the HTML 5 standards.
- CSS 3 – What better way to improve user experience than using CSS 3? Subtle effects make the editor even greater.
Froala Editor Mobile Features
- Android and iOS – Android and iOS devices tested and supported.
- Image Resize – Froala Rich Text Editor is the first WYSIWYG HTML editor with image resize that works even on mobile devices.
- Video Resize – the first to introduce resize for videos even when they are playing. And of course, it works on mobile too.
- Responsive Design – The content you are editing will be responsive. Their WYSIWYG HTML editor can handle image resize using percentages.
- Toolbar by Screen Size – For the first time in a rich text editor, the toolbar can be customized for each screen size.
Froala Editor SEO Features
- Clean HTML – Froala developed an algorithm that automatically cleans up the HTML output of their rich text editor. Write with no worries, the WYSIWYG HTML editor produces a very clean output, waiting to be crawled by search engines.
- Image Alt Tag Support – Image alternative is the text shown if the browser can’t display the image. It is also the text that search engines use, so don’t ignore it. Alternative text can be set in the edit image popup.
- Link Title Tag Support – Although link title is not known to have major SEO impact, it helps users to navigate easier through your website. Not so important, but good to have. Set the link title in the link popup.
Froala Editor Security Features
- Froala WYSIWYG HTML Editor has a strong defense mechanism against XSS attacks. In most cases, you won’t have to worry at all about this, but we still recommend that you do additional checks on your server.
Along with supporting all HTML features, the editor is translated into 34 different languages, has RTL support with auto-detection, and Spell Check.
Froala even has a WordPress plugin to integrate the editor into your WordPress site.