Last year, 1 in 5 consumers did ALL of their Christmas shopping online! Yikes… and it’s predicted that this year, one-third of all online shoppers will make their purchases via their smartphone or tablet. 44% are shopping from a tablet and almost everyone is using their desktop to shop. You’re in rough shape this year if you haven’t optimized your sites and emails for mobile and tablet shoppers – but it’s never too late to try and get it done.
There are 6 key dates that you should have social, mobile, and email pushes in the queue and ready to promote this year. As an online retailer, I’d pay extra attention through the weekend after Thanksgiving through to Christmas to focus on messaging.
- When is Thanksgiving? (US) – Thursday, November 27
- When is Black Friday? – Friday, November 28
- When is Small Business Saturday? – Saturday, November 29
- When is Cyber Monday? – Monday, December 1
- When is Hanukkah? – Tuesday, December 16th through 24th
- When is Christmas Eve? – Wednesday, December 24th
- When is Christmas Day? – Thursday, December 25th
- When is Boxing Day? – Friday, December 26th
And of course, don’t leave out the last days of the year for those after-holiday shoppers! They love a good deal.
Check out all the incredible stats compiled in this Holiday Sales Infographic by the team at AmeriCommerce.