As a business, you know that influencer marketing is an important part of your marketing strategy. After all, 92% of consumers trust earned media more than any other form of advertising, and influencer marketing can deliver as much as 11x higher ROI than traditional forms of digital marketing.
But with so many options out there, it can be hard to figure out how to find the perfect influencers for your brand.
Here are 10 tips to help you find the best niche influencers for your product:
- Define Your Target Audience – The first step in finding the perfect influencer is to define your target audience. What age group are they in? What interests do they have? What problems are they trying to solve?
Developing at least three influencer personas will help you target influencers better. For example, you can come up with three distinct potential influencer profiles and describe them in a few words. Next, you can start to look for influencers who resemble these personas. They may not be the exact match, but they will provide great direction on what type of talent may be the best fit.
Amra Beganovich, Founder of Amra & Elma
- Use an Influencer Marketing Platform – There are a number of influencer marketing platforms out there that can help you find influencers who match your target audience. Some of the more popular ones include Heepsy, BuzzSumo, and Upfluence.
We’d be remiss to mention that Douglas Karr, founder of Martech Zone, is listed as the #9 most influencial Digital Marketing professional online by BuzzSumo! Congratulations, Douglas!
- Search Social Media – Another great way to find potential influencers is to search social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Simply searching for keywords related to your industry or product can give you a good starting point.
- Check Out Hashtags – Hashtags are a great way to discover new influencers. Search for relevant hashtags on social media platforms or use a hashtag research platform to identify who is using them.
Searching through hashtags will often result in some of the most niche influencers. Niche influencers are especially useful when trying to connect with a specific target demographic or local customers.
Angie, Founder of shecanblog.com
- Look at Who Your Competitors Are Working With – One of the best ways to find new influencers is to see who your competitors are working with. Take a look at their social media accounts and see if they are tagged in any posts. This can give you a good idea of other influencers in your industry.
- Google It – If you’re still having trouble finding influencers, try Googling terms like top ___ influencers or best ___ influencers. This can help you find lists of influencers that you can then research further.
- Check Out Brand Sites – There are a number of brand sites that can be helpful in finding influencers. Simply searching for your industry or product on Google can display the brand website as well as their most recent Instagram influencer collaborations.
Many brands often display their past influencer collaborations in a form of a social media grid at the bottom of their home page or even in their footer. These past posts are super easy to browse and can serve as a quick reference for recent influencer collaborations.
Berina Karich, Marketing Manager at Top Influencer Marketing Agency
- Attend Industry Events – If you’re looking to connect with influencers in person, consider attending industry events. This is a great opportunity to meet new people and build relationships.
- Connect on LinkedIn – LinkedIn is a great platform for connecting with other professionals in your industry, including potential influencers. Try joining relevant groups and participating in discussions to get started.
- Reach Out Directly – Once you’ve identified some potential influencers, reach out to them directly. This can be done through social media, email, or even a phone call.
Keep these tips in mind as you start your search for the perfect influencers for your brand. With a little effort, you’re sure to find a number of talent who can help drive traffic, popularity, and sales for your brand.
Disclosure: Martech Zone updated this article with some affiliate links for their partners.