Every week on the Edge of the Web Radio podcast, Erin and I stress that the mistake that most companies have is that they believe their site is an online brochure rather than a living, breathing salesperson. When your site is producing great content that’s recent, frequent and relevant… you build momentum and help people to believe in you and your products or services.
It’s also important to note that I don’t believe inbound is a replacement for outbound sales and marketing strategies. Many companies pit the two against one another but when they work together, it’s a beautiful thing!
Here’s an infographic from Suyati on inbound marketing, on what you need to do to ensure your website reels in visitors this year:
- Buyer personas to decide how you’ll engage with each type of visitor.
- Snackable content vs premium content for easy digestion.
- Promotion strategies with SEO, PPC, Blogs, Social Media, Webinar Invitations.
- Calls-To-Action (CTAs) to drive visitors deeper into landing pages.
- Landing Pages to drive conversions.
- Lead Nurturing to guide visitors into becoming customers.
Be sure to sign up for our crash course on Inbound Marketing in the left tab, it’s a 5 week course that steps you through all of the aspects of a successful inbound marketing strategy.
Disclosure: Suyati is a partner of ours at DK New Media – they’ve assisted us on multiple fronts and have a fantastic tool for content production and process management called Voraka that we’ll be writing about.