Maybe this should infographic could have been one giant recommendation… get readers to convert! Seriously, we’re a bit confounded on how many companies are writing mediocre content, not analyzing their customer base, and not developing longer term strategies to drive readers into customers.
My go to research on this is from Jay Baer who identified that a single blog post costs a company $900 on average. Compound this with the fact that 80-90% of all blog traffic comes from 10-20% of the posts you publish. Those two stats point to how important is to spend more time and effort on every piece of content you publish.
Even though content marketing is touted as an über effective tactic that generates three times as many leads as traditional outbound marketing, only 6% of marketers consider their efforts “very effective.” So how can we refocus our content marketing efforts to make sure they’re really impacting the bottom line? To find out Pure Chat partnered with the local content marketing experts at Clearvoice to (makers of an awesome content marketing platform!) to create these tips that will help you improve your marketing funnel from content creation to conversion. Arielle Hurst, Pure Chat
11 Ways to Increase the ROI of Content Marketing
This infographic from Pure Chat and Clearvoice called Drive Sales with Content provides 11 tips to refocus your effort on driving sales.
- Stick to the Funnel – Google calls these moments… the times when the buyer is looking for information and you can be present to help guide them in their purchase decision.
- Include Testimonials – An influencer of purchase decisions is understanding who has already made the decision. By promoting those companies, you’re letting your reader know that other people have safely come to the conclusion that the purchase was a great one.
- Expand on Successful Posts – We do this all the time! We take a post that’s taken off and then do a micrographic to share on social, an infographic, and maybe even a webinar or ebook. It’s exactly what led to our latest ebook with Meltwater!
- Experiment with Niche Ads – social ads and long-tail keywords can provide very low cost-per-click rates and drive very relevant traffic to your content.
- Forge Content Partnerships – We are currently working with VentureBeat to really drive home some content partnerships. Their in-depth research is a huge benefit to our readers so it makes great sense that we begin overlaying our audiences with one another and cross-promoting the content we’re producing.
- Leverage Industry Experts – Our Interview Podcasts are all about trading audiences and building credibility within our industry. As well, these pros provide amazing advice to our audience!
- Don’t forget the CTA – If I can read your content and there’s no path to engage with you further (or any other options like an email subscription form), then why publish?
- Add Live Chat – Writing isn’t enough. Promoting isn’t enough. Sometimes you need to prompt your readers and ask them how you can help. You will be amazed at the response!
- Retarget Leads – As buyers are making purchase decisions, they often bounce around search results, social networks, and other resources. Retargeting keeps your brand and the opportunity top of mind!
- Follow Up with Authenticity – 30-50% of sales go to the vendor who responds first. Are you even responding at all?
- Use Email Nurture Campaigns – Not everyone is ready to buy on the first engagement, but they may be ready to engage with you down the road. Email nurturing is the best way to keep in contact with them and they’ll reach out when they’re ready!
[box type=”download” align=”aligncenter” class=”” width=”90%”]Be sure to download my latest Ebook written for Meltwater, How to Map Your Content to Unpredictable Customer Journeys, for a more in-depth look at writing content that will increase your return on marketing investment.[/box]