We’ve shared infographics on what influencer marketing is, the evolution of influencer marketing before, as well as quite articles on influencer marketing best practices, how not to use influencers, and the difference between micro and celebrity influence. This infographic details an overview of influencer marketing and the current strategies and statistics across mediums and channels.
The folks at SmallBizGenius have put together a comprehensive infographic that provides a clear state of influencer marketing today, Under the Influence: 84 Influencer Marketing Stats. It details social media influence, YouTube influence, influencer marketing strategies, influencer statistics, and how brands work with influencers to achieve great results.
While influencer marketing isn’t exactly a modern invention, it has certainly reached new heights over the past decade. Back in the day, movie stars, athletes, and musicians could earn a pretty penny by promoting products and services. At the time, this was the most effective way to reach and influence a broad audience. But not anymore. Nowadays, the focus has shifted to normal people with whom the audience can relate. Influencer marketing statistics show us exactly how much this trend affects our society and what we can expect in the future.
Key Influencer Marketing Statistics
- In 2018, companies who used influencer marketing got a 520% return on investment.
- 49% of users rely on influencer recommendations for their purchases.
- In June 2018, Instagram reached one billion active users.
- Micro-influencers with fewer than 100k followers are responsible for the majority of posts on the platform.
- 66% of influencers on the web focus on fashion, beauty, or lifestyle.
- The primary concern for 42% of marketers is dealing with fake followers (bots).