Marketers often think of social media as just another medium to promote or advertise their products and services. What they don’t often recognize is the ability to harness social media as an interactive channel that provides feedback and can echo your marketing efforts.
Smart marketers are already taking advantage of organic content and paid advertising strategies to reach mobile users. Mobile advertising is 41% of Facebook’s revenue and Facebook has 16% marketshare of global mobile advertising. Mobile advertising is $350M (~25%) of Youtube’s revenue.
This infographic from Unified Social speaks to the combination of both mobile and social. Mobile users of social media tend to share more, interact more, and respond more to social advertising.
Unified Social’s Tips for Mobile Social Marketing Success
- Pin – Make sure your pinned posts are relevant to mobile visitors
- Target – If you’re aiming video at Facebook users, target users connected via WiFi
- Check – Make sure content looks good in mobile feeds before posting it
- Enable – Maximize sharing by making your content easily shareable from mobile devices
- Plan – If you post a link, make sure it’s to a mobile-friendly page