I just downloaded and got to play with ChaCha’s updated iPhone Application. I’m impressed… the usability is simple and the features are robust. The original ChaCha iPhone app used to just push answers from the database through the iPhone app back to the user. This application is quite the step up – and has a few surprises.
- As with the ChaCha site, any unanswered questions are pushed to the guide pool for a live response.
- ChaCha has always stored geography with its questions but never leveraged that data. With a database pushing millions of responses a day, that’s quite a goldmine of information. As Scott states in his video regarding the app – it’s pretty addictive to see what questions others are asking around you.
- You can now add alerts! Got a topic of interest? Get the results pushed to you. I’m sure my daughter will have Justin Bieber Questions set in no time.
- Sharing a question is now possible via email, SMS and Facebook!
- Related questions are easy to browse!
It’s great to see Scott’s team break out in the lead with some innovative ideas – and really packed neatly into a concise application. Given the Google Panda debacle, this step increases engagement with ChaCha’s ravenous fans. From a marketing standpoint, I like that it both encourages more browsing (with the Near Me feature) as well as builds in a nurturing feature to get users to return (with the Alerts).
Congratulations ChaCha team! Find and download the new ChaCha iPhone app on your iPhone. I hope there’s an iPad version coming – this is just too cool!