Over the last year, I assumed the marketing responsibilities for an ecommerce client to grow their sales. I optimized every aspect of their ecommerce site – in this case, Shopify. I redesigned templates, integrated a rewards program, added local delivery, took new product photos, enhanced product pages… and increased their conversion rates double-digit.
Once I was able to ensure the site was functioning properly and the logistics of delivery working, I wanted to work on increasing overall revenue. Implementing a marketing automation solution that emailed or texted customers and encouraged them to complete a purchase or entice them to start a new order was critical.
Unfortunately, Shopify's tools are quite lacking here. Shopify does have the ability to customize some shopping cart abandonment and other emails – but there's really not intelligence nor robust reporting around them. For example, I had no means of segmenting and sending offers based on purchase history or other customer characteristics.
Klaviyo Ecommerce Marketing Automation
After doing some research online, I decided to test Klaviyo. Within an hour, I modified their standard marketing automation flows to welcome new customers, abandoned browsers who didn't add items to the cart, abandoned shopping cart customers, customer winback, and cross-sell/upsell automations customized and sending.
Klaviyo's integration with Shopify is spectacular. It was able to connect to Shopify and digest all customer data, and immediately execute several optimized flows. In the first month, the communications I designed and built using their drag & drop email editor (Shopify doesn't have one) garnered a return on investment of 2286% of the cost of the system. No… I'm not kidding there.
Klaviyo’s integration with Shopify allows us to seamlessly and effectively execute our digital marketing strategy whether it’s behavioral segmentation with frequent purchasers, lead generation or automated flows.
Mike, Bobo's Brand Manager
With Klaviyo and Shopify, you can start sending more personal, better-targeted communications in a matter of seconds. Klaviyo seamlessly collects and stores all relevant data about your customers so you can use it to deliver memorable experiences, drive more sales, and create stronger relationships.
Klaviyo's Shopify Ecommerce Integration Includes
- Dashboard – Beyond marketing automation, Klaviyo provides a robust e-commerce dashboard that is fully customizable and provides every detail of your Shopify store in real-time.
- Marketing Automation Flows – Trigger flows based on dates, events, list membership, or segment membership and use splits, filters, A/B tests, and more to target and optimize. Get started faster with a library of Shopify-specific automation and email templates.
- Back in Stock Alerts – Out of stock products are no longer a lost sale. Let customers subscribe to alerts when items are back in stock — it’s that easy.
- Personalized Product Recommendations – Easy-to-use, zero-setup product recommendations based on customer browse, and purchase history.
- Campaigns – You don't need to just send marketing automation flows, you can send an email or text message campaign whenever you'd like to whichever segment you'd like.
- A/B Testing – Test email subject lines and content easily directly within the marketing automation workflow.
- Customer Segmentation – Define segments without limitations. Use any combination of events, profile properties, location, predicted values, and more… over any time range.
- Dynamic Coupons – Easily send individualized coupons to your customers.
- Preference Pages – Brand and customize your responsive email and mobile customer preference pages.
- Artificial Intelligence – Automatically-generated predictions for lifetime value, churn risk, gender, optimal send time, and out of the box personalized product recommendations.
- Ecommerce Lifecycle Marketing – Deliver targeted, branded forms to build your marketing list. Then, engage customers through multiple channels and use predictions to anticipate churn or target high-value customers.
- Product data enrichment – Automatically sync product attributes to checkout, order events, and catalog records.
- SMS – Leverage Klaviyo’s powerful segmentation and automation to personalize every text message. Managing consent is simple and automated to ensure messages are sent to the right people.
Klaviyo's One-click Ecommerce Integrations
Klaviyo has over 70 pre-built, one-click integrations plus open APIs to ensure that you can easily get your business’ data into Klaviyo without hassle. Productized ecommerce integrations are available to get you up and running immediately using:
Disclosure: I'm utilizing affiliate links in this article.