Each year we publish the WordPress plugins that have made the biggest impact to our productivity, optimization, and business results. Because of all of the shift in social impact and integration capabilities, there’s been quite a bit of turnover between our selected WordPress business plugins from 2014 to our latest plugins for 2015. For a full list, with links, please read below.
Integrating your WordPress site across channels and optimizing for conversions is more important than ever. Here are the plugins that will help you drive business results!
Best WordPress Plugins for Managing WordPress
- Teleport – Tired of logging in and searching WordPress for the page to edit? Teleport provides keyboard shortcuts – e, d, s, a, and q to all your favorite admin pages from anywhere on your site.
- Akismet – Akismet is an advanced hosted anti-spam service aimed at thwarting the underbelly of the web. It efficiently processes and analyzes masses of data from millions of sites and communities in real time.
- Quick Drafts Access – Are you managing a lot of drafts? If so, this plugin puts a great shortcut in your admin menu that will bring you directly to your drafts (as well as display a count).
- Agreeable – Add an “agree to terms” check box to your login, registration, or comment forms, requiring users to agree. Tested with BuddyPress and Multisite. WooCommerce extension available.
Best WordPress Plugins to Enhance Your Content
- Image Rotator Widget – A widgetized plugin that puts an image rotator on your theme in any sidebar. You can choose from three different transitions: linear, loop, and fade.
- Handsome Apps – Testimonials are meant to boost conversions. They’ve gotta look good to get that job done. We’ve got an easy solution for you, meet Handsome Testimonials.
- Ajax Search Lite – Add a live search form to your site with filters. Custom post types, custom fields, categories supported.
Best WordPress Plugins to Optimize Your Site for Speed
- AMP – This plugin adds support for the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project, which is an an open source initiative that aims to provide mobile-optimized content that can load instantly everywhere.
- BJ Lazy Load – Lazy loading for images and iframes makes your site load faster and saves bandwidth. Uses no external JS libraries and degrades gracefully for non-js
- Kraken – Kraken is a robust, ultra-fast image optimizer and compressor with best-in-class algorithms.We’ll save you bandwidth and storage space and will dramatically improve your website’s load times.
- MaxCDN – Achieve faster page load times, better Google rankings, and more conversions with MaxCDN. Setup is simple and only takes minutes.
Best WordPress Plugins to Optimize for Organic Search
This year was a clean sweep for Yoast and the team. Be sure to check out their site, the resources, and the family of WordPress Plugins for Optimization for Search.
- Yoast SEO – Easily optimize your WordPress site with one plugin . Real time content analysis functionality and many more features to streamline your site . A Premium Yoast SEO plugin for even more features and support.
- Yoast Local SEO – Our Local SEO plugin for WordPress helps you to set up your website in a way that will rank higher in Google for your local community.
- Yoast Video SEO – Want to make sure your videos appear in the search results? Want your videos to be found by search engines like Google? The Video SEO Plugin takes care of this! For only $69 it can be on your site!
Best WordPress Plugins to Optimize for Subscribers
- SB RSS Feed Plus – You can improve the default WordPress RSS feed to include: This plugin will add post thumbnail to RSS feed as “media:content” and “enclosure” tags.
- FeedPress – FeedPress provides accurate and frequently updated analytics that bloggers and podcasters have come to trust. You can add as many blog or podcast feeds as you need and manage them all in one account.
- Drip – Set up a drip marketing campaign in minutes along with a beautiful sign-up form.
- CircuPress – Create and send your emails right out of WordPress. No scripting, no copy and pasting, you don’t even have to click send! Just blog and we send your emails for you.
- Roost – Web Push by Roost allows websites to send notifications to their site visitors for updates about new posts. This plugin supports Chrome notifications and Safari for desktop.
Best WordPress Plugins to Optimize for Conversions
- Analytify – Analytify makes Google Analytics SIMPLE enough for WordPress users that anyone can understand and see what is happening on their websites.
- Formstack – Add forms to your content or via a widget in a sidebar quickly and easily withFormstack .Formstack allows you to build and share forms anywhere with hundreds of integrations.
- Gravity Forms – Gravity Forms is hands down the best contact form plugin for WordPress powered websites.
- Pure Chat – Generate more leads and drive sales with Pure Chat. Add live chat software to your website to engage visitors and customers! Designed just for small business, Pure Chat helps you message multiple leads and customers at once.
- SumoMe – We tried using Scroll Box and List Builder a few months ago to grow our e-mail lists, and we haven’t looked back since. SumoMe offers an incredible array of lead capture tools necessary for every business site.
- WooCommerce – The world’s favorite eCommerce solution that gives you complete control to sell anything. Get started today for free.
WordPress Plugins to Optimize for Social Media
- Jetpack – Jetpack is a free WordPress plugin that allows you to focus on what you do best. Create and publish great content. We’ll take care of the rest.
- Shareaholic – The all-in-one content amplification platform. Shareaholic reaches over 450 million people each month. Is your content plugged in yet?
- TweetThis Shortcode – A plugin to add a link after a phrase that auto-populates a tweet on twitter. It even integrates with Bit.ly to provide reporting on usage! Built by DK New Media, visit the MarTech Blog to keep up on this plugin and other marketing tools to help you grow your online presence!
Optimize Your Content for Your Audience
- InboundWriter – It’s not a WordPress Plugin, but it’s our secret weapon! InboundWriter software predicts the traffic performance of content before you write it. We tell you how much traffic your content will generate and provide data-driven suggestions to find topics where you can outperform.
Without further ado, here are the Best WordPress Plugins for Business in 2015:
Disclosure: We are promoting some of our free plugins in this infographic, using some affiliate links for other platforms, and we have a partnership with InboundWriter. The infographic was designed and developed by DK New Media, call us if you need an infographic or have some WordPress work you need assistance with.