Todd Wheatland, head of thought leadership at Kelly Services, recently wrote about mention on a post from Social Media Examiner, 14 Social Media Tools used by Marketing Pros. mention is a comprehensive social monitoring and media monitoring platform.
mention was developed as a user-friendly replacement for Google Alerts. They’re a textbook example of how to build a platform by doing one thing better than anyone else. As well as being an absolute joy to use, it captures so many more, ahem, ‘mentions’ online than any other platform I’ve used that it’s become my #1 go-to social mention reference tool. Todd Wheatland
Key Features of mention
- All Devices – Access mention from anywhere. Use the web app, Chrome app, desktop version for PC, Mac or Linux or mobile version with the iPhone or Android apps.
- Media and Social Monitoring – Monitor millions of sources in 42 languages and make sure you’re not missing anything published on social networks, news sites, forums, blogs or any web page.
- Team Work – Build your team, share your alerts and assign task to your team members: ask your community manager to reply to a tweet, ask your CMO to comment on a blog post, and keep track of everyone’s actions.
- Real-time alerts – Get alerted in real-time via push notifications. Receive a daily or weekly email digest. Don’t waste any time. React quickly and efficiently.
- Engage on-the-go – Connect your social accounts (Facebook, Twitter) to your alerts and react without leaving the application. Retweet a mention, like or share positive mentions directly on your Facebook page, send mentions via email, etc.
- Artificial intelligence – Get rid of the noise coming from homonyms and spams. Easily find important mentions. Get the tone of your mentions. All of our technologies are learning from your behavior.
- Statistics & data export tool – Get a snapshot of your mentions by source, language and over a selected period of time. Generate PDF reports and export data in CSV. Compare yourself to your competitors.
There is an enterprise version of mention, as well, which offers an administrative console, collaboration, social account sharing and team management.