One of the things that we often do is pay attention to a comparison of our traffic and open rates from the same period last month or the same period last year. Checking your own metrics and seeing how well you're performing is important – but you also have to adjust for how consumers are changing. Mobile is one of those areas where you have to pay attention since the numbers are drastically different over time.
In the last few years mobile has grown to control a significant portion of the email landscape. Its opens, accounting for around 50% of the total opens throughout the year, make optimizing for mobile a necessity for all emarketers. However, while mobile has increased its importance, desktop and webmail still remain a considerable part of email marketing. To help you optimize your email program to connect with your customers, our new infographic highlights five key mobile trends that you need to be aware of.
In this infographic, 5 Mobile Trends from ReturnPath, you'll find some intriguing changes in behavior for mobile use:
- Over 50% of all emails are now open on a mobile device. Are your emails optimized for mobile viewing?
- Email open rates are going on a downward trend as we get closer to Christmas day. Have you been sending yet?
- Tablet usage compared to mobile usage hasn't changed much in the last year.
- Segmenting your audience by country can result in very different email behavior between platforms and devices.
- If you're in a specific industry, you're going to see far different results than the email benchmarks.