My company, Highbridge, is assisting a fashion company launch its direct-to-consumer strategy domestically. Because they’re a traditional company that only supplied retailers, they needed a partner that would help be their technology arm and help them with every aspect of their brand development, ecommerce, payment processing, marketing, conversions, and fulfillment processes.
Because they have limited SKUs and don’t have a recognized brand, we pushed them to launch on a platform that was ready, scalable, and required little investment over a fully customized stack… we chose Shopify.
Because they’re starting this business from scratch, gaining the trust of our visitors is going to be critical. Along with a public relations strategy, marketing automation (via Klaviyo), strong customer service, and free shipping… we needed an indicator on the ecommerce site itself that lets visitors know the site is popular and being utilized by its visitors. We needed a social proof solution that integrates seamlessly with Shopify.
What Is Social Proof?
Social proof is a social phenomenon where people copy the actions of others in an attempt to undertake behavior in a given situation. In short, it’s people doing what they observe other people doing. It’s safety in numbers.Robert Cialdini, Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion
With ecommerce sites, I’ve observed social proof work beyond just visitors copying one another. Social proof provides other ways to drive conversions:
- Trust – Seeing that other visitors are browsing and purchasing is a strong indicator that the brand, product, or site can be trusted.
- Urgency – On sites with limited inventory, visitors are motivated to convert immediately rather than waiting. Fear Of Missing Out (FOMO) is a powerful conversion technique.
- Popularity – By promoting the products that are selling the most, an indecisive visitor will be more inclined to make a purchase if they see that others have made it.
- Offers – Do you have a sale or discount currently active? Creating these Nudges can drive conversion rates to popular offers you have.
- Acquisition – Even if your visitor isn’t ready to purchase, you can also push visitors to opt-in to offers, newsletters, or even text messages.
Nudgify has already helped over 1,800 websites in over 83 countries increase their conversion rates – with nothing but real-time data. Features of their comprehensive platform include:
- Recent Activity – how off recent conversions or recent sign-ups and increase trust
- Stock Data Feed – Show real-time stock data with an automatic feed
- Form Autocapture – Automatically display new sign-ups
- Nudge Templates – Pre-configured Nudges for e-Commerce, Travel, SaaS and more
- Nudge Builder – Make new Nudges with your own words and pictures
- Display Rules – Decide on which pages and devices your Nudges should appear
- Behavior Settings – Set a trigger, delay and duration for your Nudges by adjusting the sliders.
- Create Goals – Set your confirmation page as a goal to track assisted conversions. Use built-in statistics to optimize and earn more sales.
- Custom Styles – Adjust your themes to set the right tone
- 29 Languages – Nudgify fully supports 29 different languages
- Drag & Drop Streams – Create streams and show your Nudges in order
- Nudge Analytics – Capture visits, interactions, and assisted conversions to measure the return on your social proof investment.
Nudgify’s algorithms are continually learning which Nudge converts best at each stage of the customer journey. The longer you use Nudgify, the more valuable it becomes.