Progress continues! Pat Coyle and I have been working with the great talent (Tim and Curtis) over at Innovative on enhancing the website dedicated to the bid for the 2012 Super Bowl here in Indianapolis.
The Super Bowl Committee is being led by Mark Miles, President of the Central Indiana Corporate Partnership. Mark is doing an exceptional job already, readily adopting web technologies to inform and enlist the support of the community. This ‘version' of the website reflects the goal – we now have the following features:
- Videos are both displayed in a player and being converted for use on Youtube so that we can go viral! Be sure to show of your pride and display the video on your blog!
- Mark is dedicated to leading the charge transparently – so we've got the committee to adopt blogging to provide the community with updates on what the team is doing and how they can help. Compendium Software has stepped up to support the move and provided accounts to leverage their state of the art corporate blogging application!
- Conversations from around the web are being sought out and displayed on the home page so that you can join in! It's essential that we provide a means for the community to join in the conversation, whether or not it's positive. The committee isn't simply dedicated on getting the Super Bowl, but they want the communities input on how to make it the best Super Bowl ever.
- Using Yahoo! Pipes, I built a complex plan that outputs and filters the latest articles from our local news and media partners when they write about the 2012 Superbowl. This is so that we can also provide up to the minute news and show the local media support for the bid as well!
- ExactTarget has also come to the aid of the committee and provided an Account where we'll be pushing News Alerts and Newsletters out of! We're going to work next on integrating the feeds and the blog into email using ExactTarget's API
All of this after 8PM and on the weekends! It's enough to tire a guy out – but this is too important an opportunity to pass up!