If you’re seeking assistance or paid search expertise, a great resource out there is PPC Hero, a great publication where the Hanapin Marketing shares their expertise. Hanapin recently released this fantastic infographic, the Top Ten PPC Tips For The Travel and Tourism Marketer. While the use case is travel and tourism, these tips are ideal for any marketing seeking to incorporate a paid search optimization methodology to their PPC (Pay Per Click) strategies.
With 65% of leisure travelers and 69% of business travelers saying that they turn to the web to decide how or where they want to travel, Hanapin Marketing thought a beautiful infographic with actionable tips would be a great resource and guide for all travel and tourism marketers.
Here are the top Paid Search Optimization tips provided
- Differentiate Yourself – Do some research on your competitors’ PPC campaigns and differentiate your ad campaigns.
- Vary Campaigns – What destinations might your audience be seeking? Provide multiple campaigns to test and vary your offerings.
- Geo-Target – Specify locations to the regions they are applicable, otherwise you’re wasting your paid search marketing budget.
- Target by Day and Hour – Ensuring your offerings are visible when prospects are lookign for them can have a dramatic increase in click-to-conversion rates.
- Optimize for ROI – Getting great traffic might be nice but it doesn’t pay the bills. Analyze and focus on campaigns that are driving revenue, not just traffic.
- Bidding Strategies – Create bidding strategies based on your campaign objectives. Awareness, sharing, traffic and conversions are all key, but spending more for conversions makes much more sense than buying traffic with very high bids.
- Optimize Display Campaigns – Monitor ad placements and optimize for the viewport instead of using a one-size fits all strategy.
- Remarketing – Every PPC strategy must have a remarketing strategy! Targeting visitors who have been on your site and left will absolutely increase conversion rates.
- Use Bing – 69% of business travelers turn to the web for travel arrangements and 71% of the traffic on Bing is exclusive to Bing (not on Google).
- Optimize Landing Pages – Great landing pages don’t just increase conversions, they also result in great quality scores that improve your ad placement. Optimize your landing pages!