As we continue to coordinate complex multi-channel campaigns for some of our clients, it's imperative that we understand when and why the phone is ringing. You can add events on hyperlinked phone numbers to monitor click-to-call statistics, but oftentimes that's not a possibility. The solution is to implement call tracking and integrate it with your analytics to observe how prospects are responding via phone calls.
The most accurate means is to dynamically generate a phone number for each source that's within the same area codes. This way every single incoming phone call can be tracked accurately back to the campaign source or medium that you created it for. Additionally, you can also have the call generate a visit to Google Analytics to a virtual path that you can incorporate into conversion tracking.
This all requires that you have a service like PhoneWagon, a service built specifically for marketing agencies to manage their clients call tracking.
Features of PhoneWagon Include:
- Instant Phone Number Setup – PhoneWagon provides an intuitive and easy-to-use dashboard that anyone can understand and navigate. With the click of a button, you are able to instantly search any area code and add a phone number. In less than 30 seconds you can add a phone number, configure the number, and begin using instantly.
- International Phone Numbers – Phonewagon offers international phone numbers in over 80 countries. Our simple dashboard allows you to search for a phone number by country and area code. In less than 30 seconds you can configure your international phone number and begin using it for your campaigns.
- Local Phone Numbers – Local phone numbers are proven to convert higher than toll-free numbers for localized small business marketing campaigns. Whether you need a local phone number in a very specific town or simply a local area code, PhoneWagon allows you to add local phone numbers in less than 30 seconds.
- Toll-Free Numbers – Toll-free phone numbers are great for national marketing campaigns. They can give your company the appearance of having a national presence and offer customers a way to call you toll-free. In our dashboard you can easily add toll-free phone numbers from a variety of options like 888, 866, and others. It takes less than 30 seconds to add a toll-free phone number and configure it.
- Port Your Current Phone Numbers – Do you want to use your existing phone number or move the numbers you have with another call tracking provider to PhoneWagon? Easy. We can move your numbers into PhoneWagon through a process called “porting”. Phonewagon takes care of all the heavy lifting and will have your numbers in your PhoneWagon account in no time.
- Call Recording – Simply tracking phone calls is not enough. Listening to call recordings will help you coach your staff on optimizing what they say to convert more calls into paying customers. Call recordings are also a great way to go back and grab a piece of information that you may have forgot to write down during the call. PhoneWagon enables you to record calls or any of your phone numbers and optionally play a greeting message to let the other caller know the call is being recorded.
- Whisper Messages – Our whisper messages are a great way to give the agent or staff member that is answering the phone some insight into where the call is coming from. When they answer the call, you can play a message to them such as “this call is from your postcard campaign with the holiday discount offer”. Agents now have some context into the call and can tailor how they interact with the customer based on that information. It’s like a cheat code that helps you win.
- Greeting Messages – PhoneWagon allows you to play a greeting message to the caller at the beginning of the call. You can choose to record a custom greeting message through our easy-to-use greeting message creator tools or upload an existing message from an MP3 file. Greeting messages can introduce your business and give your customers a professional impression or you can simply let the caller know the call is being recorded.
- Custom Call-Tagging – Tagging calls helps you categorize, organize, or classify the calls based on whatever criteria you are looking to track. We have pre-existing tags like “new lead”, “wrong number”, “existing customer”, etc. We also offer the ability to create custom tags with custom colors directly from our dashboard. You can then run a report to see how many calls (or how many first time callers) were generated in each tag.
- Simultaneous Ring – Lead generation is all about speed. The faster you respond, or answer the phone, the more leads you will convert into paying customers. We offer the ability to ring multiple phones at the same time. The first person to answer will connect to the caller. This helps reduce wait times for inbound calls, delivers a better customer experience, and generates more sales.
- Unlimited User Accounts – PhoneWagon allows you to add unlimited users to your account. We offer many different user roles with various permissions so that you can provide a login to everyone and they will only be able to access what they need to access.
- Client Accounts – PhoneWagon is designed to create multiple companies or locations in each account. This enables you to keep your data tied to the correct company or location just like you do in Google Ads. Marketing agencies can add all their clients and provide a login for each client that will only be able to access their own information.
- Email Summaries – Do you want to receive an email with all the data about your calls without having to login to your dashboard? PhoneWagon offers email summaries daily, weekly, or monthly. You can customize these emails and even have them come from your domain. This allows marketing agencies to keep their brand consistent when communicating with clients.
- Email Call Alerts – Email call alerts or email notifications allow you to automatically send an email anytime there is a new call from any campaign or you can set it to only send for specific campaigns. You are able to customize these emails to send from your domain (i.e. “firstname.lastname@example.org”) to maintain consistent branding when communicating with your clients.
- Advanced Reporting – Easily access robust reports based on your phone call data. See insightful data like which campaigns are driving calls that convert into paying customers or how many calls are from first time callers and greater than 90 seconds. Use this data to make smart decisions with ad spend and/or coach your clients on how they can do a better job converting the calls into paying customers.
- Dynamic Phone Numbers – Dynamic phone numbers enable you to track phone call conversions in the same way you track web form conversions. We give you one line of code to add to the website or landing page and we do the rest. Phone calls are tracked to the visitors session and you get data on where the visitor came from, the ad they clicked on, the landing page they landed on, and so much more. Create a dynamic number in your dashboard in less than 30 seconds and begin tracking phone call conversions to get a complete picture of what’s happening with your marketing campaigns.
- Visitor and Keyword-Level Tracking – We offer visitor and keyword-level tracking using our dynamic numbers. Since each visitor is shown a unique number, we know when that visitor calls the unique number shown to them and therefore we can attribute their phone call to their session. This gives us incredibly granular data like the keyword they searched for and the ad group they came from.
- Google Analytics Integration – Phonewagon offers direct integration for each company in your PhoneWagon account with Google Analytics. You can push all your phone calls into Google Analytics as events so you can see exactly what’s happening and how many conversions you’re driving, even from these offline events.
- Google Adwords Integration – PhoneWagon integrates directly with Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords). With one click, you can integrate each company in your PhoneWagon account with your MCC Google Ads account, choose the sub-account, and instantly we create a new conversion action called PhoneCalls which will push a conversion to Google Ads for all calls from your dynamic number in that company.
- Automated Text Message – Create a text message reply for missed calls and other events. This helps you engage customers in their preferred method of communication, text messaging, and prevents them from calling a competitor if you don’t answer your phone.
PhoneWagon was acquired by CallRail, another leader in call tracking analytics.
Disclosure: We like PhoneWagon so much that we're now an Ambassador for them!