A couple weeks ago I was testing a new platform called PunchTab. From the PunchTab site:
PunchTab is the world’s first instant loyalty platform that allows website owners (including bloggers), application developers and brands to create a social and mobile-enabled loyalty program for free in minutes. We have two popular products today, both of which cost nothing to use:
- An ongoing loyalty program that you can use to encourage your users to visit every day, share your content on social networks and leave comments (we also have a development kit that allows you to add custom ways to earn points). Users will earn points every day for their actions and can redeem for rewards from a customizable loyalty catalog when they earn enough points.
- A one-time promotional giveaway widget that encourages your users to spread the word about your site in exchange for entries into a prize raffle.
What’s incredible about the platform is that it’s both simple to use and self-service. Punchtab allows a marketer to easily set up a reward system on any interaction with the brand… from Retweets, to Facebook Likes, to Email Subscriptions. PunchTab has powered over 1,000 giveaways in the last 3 months – including one by Tim Ferris, MahaloGaming and CrunchGear. Their largest was Vyrso.com, who received over 100,000 entries and 9,500 Facebook fans in 30 days!
Savvy web marketers and business owners know that the bulk of future revenues are going to be driven by repeat engagement, transactions, and recommendations by customers you’ve already won. PunchTab provides one platform that fully engages these customers at every touchpoint: online, social, offline, mobile and e-commerce. CEO and Founder Ranjith Kumaran
The results are impressive:
- There are over 1600 sites are running loyalty programs using PunchTab
- These sites give PunchTab reach into 6MM consumers (meaning 6MM unique people have seen loyalty programs powered by PunchTab)
- Large sites in the PunchTab network see repeat engagement lift of 50%-100% from “members” over the average user. This, of course, includes some self-selection as more active users will likely become members. The important part is that now the sites have identified and given these influencers tools to bring more people to the party through PunchTab.
- Sites also see between 15% to 35% lift in social activity (wall posts, sharing, tweeting)