If you've got a WordPress publication like mine that has thousands and thousands of articles, you know you've got amazing content that's dying… simply because you're not promoting it. Social media is an amazing place to drive relevant visitors back to your publication… but the arduous task of queueing and scheduling old content is just too much for most companies to handle.
Revive Old Post is a fantastic WordPress plugin that enables publishers and companies who have tons of content to revive that content by reposting it to social media.
Revive Old Post Features
- Share to Social Media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google My Business – and also bring in your social networks from Buffer. Basically, all the most popular social networks are supported. Revive Old Posts allows you to share your content to multiple accounts on each of the supported social networks. No limitations.
- Control Your Sharing – Whether you want to share just the titles of your posts, include hashtags, add additional custom text or shorten your share links. Revive Old Posts allows you to do that, and more.
- Create Hashtags Automatically – Let Revive Old Posts add optimized hashtags automatically by fetching them from the post's assigned categories, tags, or even custom fields.
- Track Your Clicks – Revive Old Posts works with the most popular URL shortening services and integrates with Google Analytics Campaign Tracking. This allows you to see how popular your posts are and monitor the traffic coming to your site from Social Media.
- Share Posts, Pages, Media, and Custom Post Types – Whether it's posts, pages, images from your WordPress Media Library, WooCommerce or Big Commerce Products, Recipes or Projects; Revive Old Posts can share them to your social media accounts.
- Share Your Posts More Than Once – Don't let your posts fade away after just a single social media share. Revive Old Posts allows you to share your website content on rotation.
- Share Posts on Publish – Done creating an awesome piece of content on your website? Have it shared with your social media accounts as soon as you click the publish button! This feature also works with WordPress posts scheduled to go live at a later date.
- Filter Tags and Categories By Account – Set the Tags, Categories, and other WordPress taxonomies you want to be excluded or included for sharing on a per-account basis. If a post has an excluded category assigned to it, then it would not share to the accounts where that category has been excluded.
- Share Message Variations – Revive Old Posts allows you to add multiple custom messages and hashtag variations to your posts for more variety. Convey your message in different ways and find the best converting captions for your social media shares.
Disclosure: I'm an affiliate of Revive Old Posts