We received some recognition today when Martech Zone was named a top resource for information on sales enablement strategies and technology from Seismic. Over the last year, we've seen incredible innovation in this space that's improving marketing and sales coordination better than it ever has been.
The site that recommended us – right behind Forrester, Salesforce and LinkedIn – is Seismic. Seismic has built an enterprise content management platform that creates a connection between your documents and real-time sources of information like SharePoint and Salesforce, ensuring that everyone on your sales team has exactly what they need, when they need it.
Sales enablement tools like Seismic can have a significant impact on your sales performance, with measurable benefits:
- Sales Representative onboarding – quickly train new reps and begin full quota-carrying activities.
- Time efficiency – the average rep only spends 35 percent of their time actually selling… now they can spend more time selling.
- Continuing education – ensure your reps are knowledgeable about new products and brand messaging.
- Customer knowledge – integrate with CRM software to provide representatives valuable insight into any customer account.
- Cycle acceleration – shorten the sales cycle, which can range from marketing automation to turnaround time on contracts.
- Content delivery – The lynchpin to sales enablement, being able to deliver the right sales materials at the right time on any device to ensure the one-on-one experience occurs in a repeatable way.
Businesses that invested in sales enablement tools and other resources to speed up the selling cycle saw a 51 percent improvement in lead conversion rates, according to the research group Aberdeen. About 54 percent saw an increase year-over-year in sales reps meeting quotas.