I’m not sure of the real value of looking at demographics by social media site when the penetration and diversity of these social media sites are so widespread. The fact is that you can find pockets of prospects or industry pundits in all of them. I suppose it is somewhat interesting to see that there are nuances in the demographics based on the platform, though.
In a perfect world, your brand would create a presence on every single social network available and drill into segmentation further for each. Depending on your resources, that may not be feasible, so choose your networks wisely, and make the most of them once there. Michael Patterson, SproutSocial
- 58% of adults use Facebook. Facebook demographics can be found at their Audience Insights.
- 23% of adults use LinkedIn. LinkedIn demographics can be found on the LinkedIn Press Page.
- 22% of adults use Pinterest. Pinterest demographics can be found in the Pew Research Center Demographics of Key Social Networking Platforms.
- 21% of adults use Instagram. Instagram demographics can be found in the Pew Research Center Demographics of Key Social Networking Platforms.
- 19% of adults use Twitter. Twitter usage and demographic information can be found on the Twitter Company Page.
We’re also including the latest Social Media Revolution video from Erik Qualman, author of Socialnomics.