As I participate in social media, I often come across events that I wasn't aware of that my friends, partners or clients are going to. I attend more events than I ever have in the past thanks to Facebook Events, Meetup announcements, and a number of other services that I've joined. This infographic looks at how you can use social media for event promotion; find out what is the key to an effective event hashtag and get tips from the experts and much more.
Here are 6 ways to leverage social media to market your next event!
- Create a Facebook Event to share and promote your event.
- Research hashtags and create a unique hashtag for your event.
- Develop and distribute a pre-written tweet for people to share and promote on Twitter. Use a tool like Click to Tweet to make it easier.
- Create content to market and promote your event online.
- Share and tag videos and photos taken at the event. If you do it early enough, friends will join their friends already in attendance.
- Share highlights of the event on Instagram and Vine with some fantastic.
Infographic developed by the Lakeshore Convention Centre.