‘Tis the season and if you haven’t planned out your holiday social media posts, here’s a great infographic from MDG Advertising to give you some ideas, Holiday Marketing 2016: 7 Fresh Ideas for Your Holiday Social Media Posts. Here are seven unique ideas that can spur your creativity and attract some attention to your brand when you need it most!
- Create a 360° Holiday-Themed Video: Facebook and YouTube now support 360 video formats and the cameras are dropping in price! A good friend of mine just purchased the Samsung Gear 360 Real 360° High Resolution VR Camera and absolutely loves it.
- Develop a Custom Snapchat Geofilter: On-Demand Geofilters are provided as Snapchat options within defined physical areas. They’re a fun way for consumers to share that they’re interacting with your brand and great for word-of-mouth marketing on Snapchat.
- Post Disappearing Holiday Coupons: Snapchat and Instagram Stories allow you to create timely posts that expire, creating urgency and keeping people coming back… perhaps every day until Christmas.
- Use Pinterest Rich Pins for Holiday Gift Ideas: Rich pins allow marketers to to include additional information like downloads and product links.
- Host a Holiday-Themed Twitter Chat: Why not crowdsource and provide some amazing links to holiday gift ideas by having a Twitter Chat? Check out this article from Buffer on how.
- Showcase Gift Ideas in Instagram Carousel Ads: Rotate 3 to 5 high resolution photos in an Instagram Carousel that leads your followers through to a purchase!
- Inspire with a Facebook Live Charity Stream: Go live with Facebook and inspire others in this giving season!