Wow… to better understand how social media is impacting the ecommerce industry, Shopify analyzed data from 37 million social media visits that led to 529,000 orders. Here are some highlights from the infographic they shared:
- Nearly two thirds of all social media visits to Shopify stores come from Facebook.
- An average of 85% of all orders from social media come from Facebook.
- Orders from Reddit increased 152% in 2013.
- Polyvore generated the highest average order value ahead of Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Instagram generates higher average orders than those same sites.
- Facebook has the highest conversion rate for all social media ecommerce traffic at 1.85%.