The targeted auto-response that I wish I could leave for all unsolicited engagements I receive through email, social networks and micro-blogs:
I don’t know you. Seriously. Why are you talking to me?
- How did you find me? Did I give you my permission?
- Did I tell you I was interested in your product or service?
- Are you talking to me because you had to? Even though nothing might be relevant?
- Do you really know who I am or what my needs are? Did you ask?
- Did you simplify your messaging so I can scan through it and click through if interested?
- Did you provide me with a way to stop you from talking to me?
I don’t have a lot of time. I can’t spend all day on email, social networks, or micro-blogging… leave me alone. Let me get my work done.
Seriously. I’m really serious. Leave me alone.