We love swag. Our inbound marketing agency ordered our first swag last year – a nice little notebook for conference attendees. This year we bought some cool 2Gb USB drives that are the same shape and size of a key so you can put them on your keychain. If you've stopped by our office, you've probably received one!
What is swag? It's loot, booty, spoil, plunder… the treasure you get from companies in return for visiting their booth, helping them online, or just being friends with someone with the keys to the swag locker. Back in the dot com heyday, I remember walking out of a conference with more swag than I could carry, included was a wireless keyboard and mouse from Microsoft!
Swag is a bit more sensible nowadays and the business around it continues to evolve. This week I've been talking a lot to the team at WPEngine (Founder Jason Cohen is on our radio show guest Friday) so I got a really cool response back to a suggestion I gave them. I received a link to SwagLove to pick out a product and get it delivered directly to me!
Here's how SwagLove works
- Sign up for free, choose your promotional gift items, upload and position your custom artwork.
- Get your links and send them to people you want to flatter
- Recipients follow the link to your branded landing page where they enter their size and shipping address
- We take care of printing, shipping, customs and customer service, in case of any hiccups (like ‘oops, I ordered the wrong size!')
- You only pay for redeemed giveaways so you never waste a t-shirt or a penny
How cool is that? Instead of purchasing a box of Swag that you may run out of or may not be able to give away, now you can just fund your SwagLove account and pay as you go! And your customer gets to select the Swag they want! Too cool!